Have you ever made trouble with your radio ??

This forum is for general discussions, and you are welcome to post in this forum if you are not able to find the right place.
Windwalker
Verified

Have you ever made trouble with your radio ??

Post by Windwalker »

Having grown up I dont do this stuff anymore but I would like to know what kind of trouble people have caused with their radios.
When I was a kid I had a Messenger 250 linear. I was in the drive through at Mcdonalds and keyed up and said
All Employees Report To The Drive Through Window.
One by one all the employees did come to the window and I just laughed.

Another time ( in my younger days ) I keyed up outside the grocery store in the dead of winter. The radio would open the automatic doors so I decided to hold the doors open. The store got really cold and the manager came out and looked at the door sensor to see what was wrong. He never looked across the street to see me with a big antenna on top of my car.

I have more stories !!

I am a responsible Ham Operator now and I dont do such things anymore !!

WW1
gooseneck
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by gooseneck »

So my very 1st bad CB Radio experience was when I was 12-13 My Pops and His Friend had just put up My Super BigStick and I was able to get out past a few Miles. When my Parents went out for dinner I Started Playing around with all the Truckers talking Crazy and being a Kid. Well Whoever I **Censored** off He said he was going to find me. Well he Found my House, I had an 18 wheeler Pull onto my Street where he Barely could get too.
He came into my Yard hooked something onto my Bracket & Ground cable and pulled my Antenna right off the side of my House. He told me he would Find me and I just laughed at him. I didn’t kno that he could track my Carrier, I was just a kid..
Needless to say I NEVER Played around again.
And got A Stern Talking too👋👋👋..!!
Gota love it, 30+ years later & still Broadcasting.
Windwalker
Verified

Post by Windwalker »

gooseneck I would have called the cops and got his tag number !
You must have really **Censored** him off !!!
gooseneck
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by gooseneck »

WindWalker, yea i was being a Punk kid. Talking crazzy.Saying like “u can’t find me” & probably a lot of “censored” words. LOL
I was Scared to Death when I saw his carrier 30db & then Heard A Big Engine up the Street. I hit all the Lights off and Hid in my Room. But then the Big Bang from the Bracket getting ripped out and some of my Coax was getting pulled outside too. I was Petrified & had to call My Neighbor to come Check on me. And by that time he was Pulling off. Needless to say I was Very Respectful after That Experience.
Windwalker
Verified

Post by Windwalker »

gooseneck you learned your lesson early !!
jessejamesdallas
Verified
Donor
Donor

Post by jessejamesdallas »

Trouble?

You mean like keying up a 16 pill in the Suburban right behind a bank and setting off the alarms?

naaaaa..... :roll:
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
295 antenna
Verified

Post by 295 antenna »

Being new to the cb + amp world. I drove through a super market parking lot rachet jawing setting off car alarms
Keep smiling ...It makes people wonder what your up too !

American eagle SSB group : AE1577

TWRC - The world radio group : WR2950

world wide sidebanders - WWS2950
Windwalker
Verified

Post by Windwalker »

I have also set off many alarms.
I once saw a guy stealing hubcaps from a car lot that I knew I could set the alarm off.
I saw him and keyed up and the cops did come and get him. He was stupid though he didnt run when the alarm went off and the cops caught him coming out of the car lot with hubcaps in hand. The police station was only 2 blocks away !!
Nobody ever looks for a vehicle with an antenna on it LOL

Post Merge Complete

Added 1 minute 20 seconds after previous.
Although I have never set off a bank alarm !!
Windwalker
Verified

Post by Windwalker »

One time I was sitting outside of a bar near the local truck stop. I was Fat Jawing a lot with the truckers.
The DJ came out of the bar and asked me to stop as I was bleeding into his music.

WW1
Windwalker
Verified

Post by Windwalker »

Anyone else got any good stories ??
295 antenna
Verified

Post by 295 antenna »

Windwalker 1 wrote: December 13th, 2022, 7:47 am One time I was sitting outside of a bar near the local truck stop. I was Fat Jawing a lot with the truckers.
The DJ came out of the bar and asked me to stop as I was bleeding into his music.

WW1
lol I bet they were trying to figure out what was going on before they found you lol

Windwalker
Verified

Post by Windwalker »

Yeah it was really disturbing the music.
I dont know how the DJ figured it out !

WW1
MDYoungblood
Verified
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

LOL, how about broadcasting through a nearby church’s PA system on Sunday morning services. Luckily the conversation was clean but the reverend knew it was me, he was a CB’er too!

3’s

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
Windwalker
Verified

Post by Windwalker »

I hate it when the Reverend talk on the radio too !
295 antenna
Verified

Post by 295 antenna »

MDYoungblood wrote: December 13th, 2022, 5:23 pm LOL, how about broadcasting through a nearby church’s PA system on Sunday morning services. Luckily the conversation was clean but the reverend knew it was me, he was a CB’er too!

3’s

Greg
lol now that funny

Windwalker
Verified

Post by Windwalker »

When I was in College I had to pay 50 cents ( back then ) to exit the parking lot. It wasnt an indoor garage and I used to go there early and fat mouth and chase skip. Well one day I noticed that when I keyed up the parking arm on the pay machine would go up.
From that day forward when I left class I just keyed up at the gate and the arm would go up and I didnt have to pay.
It took about 2 months and the school figured it out and then it didnt work anymore.

WW1
295 antenna
Verified

Post by 295 antenna »

Windwalker 1 wrote: December 14th, 2022, 7:00 am When I was in College I had to pay 50 cents ( back then ) to exit the parking lot. It wasnt an indoor garage and I used to go there early and fat mouth and chase skip. Well one day I noticed that when I keyed up the parking arm on the pay machine would go up.
From that day forward when I left class I just keyed up at the gate and the arm would go up and I didnt have to pay.
It took about 2 months and the school figured it out and then it didnt work anymore.

WW1
now that's slick

Post Merge Complete

Added 2 minutes 42 seconds after previous.
My oldest got a remote control truck and he was running it up and down the street when I realized every time I keyed up he would loose control.i messed with him for awhile before he realized it was me

Windwalker
Verified

Post by Windwalker »

Ah yes the remote control !! They are fun to mess with and it still works to this day.
I was here in Cleveland up on the hill talking and there was a guy flying a drone.
Needless to say it crashed

WW1
295 antenna
Verified

Post by 295 antenna »

Windwalker 1 wrote: December 14th, 2022, 4:01 pm Ah yes the remote control !! They are fun to mess with and it still works to this day.
I was here in Cleveland up on the hill talking and there was a guy flying a drone.
Needless to say it crashed

WW1
oh no lol

Wildrat
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Post by Wildrat »

I've been causing trouble ever since I got my first radio, an old Cobra 19 back in the 70's.

I still cause trouble from time to time, more mucking about with friends. It was fun back in the 70's, near about everyone had a radio, including my commanders. LOL
WILDRAT
De_Wildfire
Donor
Donor

Post by De_Wildfire »

Goose Neck, He must have been listening for a while and riding around looking for you. I've heard many stories like this back in the day. When he got close, he unhooked the feed line from the back of the radio and heard you strong. He also could have had help. One time we had someone jamming the VHF ham bands and it took two of us, a beam antenna the size of a van and a map to find the problem. We triangulated the source within an hour. His radio was locked up for days sending digital packet noise. My buddy was scared to knock on the door so I did. He answered the door thanked us up and down that we saved his radio. Apparently he had good fans mounted keeping the radio cool.

Post Merge Complete

Added 6 minutes 17 seconds after previous.
The craziest thing we did when we were kids was hanging out at the Fotomat in a large group after dark and we all took turns driving down next to the sports store setting off alarms and watching the cops fly in and surround the place. Everyone hanging out had at least 250w or more amps under the seats. We all took turns. While we were over there hanging out, we would play around and hold fluorescent tube light bulbs and hold them near the antennas on our cars and light them up.
TNT1450
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by TNT1450 »

De_Wildfire wrote: January 17th, 2023, 8:22 pm Goose Neck, He must have been listening for a while and riding around looking for you. I've heard many stories like this back in the day. When he got close, he unhooked the feed line from the back of the radio and heard you strong. He also could have had help. One time we had someone jamming the VHF ham bands and it took two of us, a beam antenna the size of a van and a map to find the problem. We triangulated the source within an hour. His radio was locked up for days sending digital packet noise. My buddy was scared to knock on the door so I did. He answered the door thanked us up and down that we saved his radio. Apparently he had good fans mounted keeping the radio cool.
I did that with a friend of mine. Our local 2m simplex frequency had a dead carrier on it, and I tracked it down to his house. Unfortunately he wasn't home at the time, but I told him later. He said the microphone had fallen down onto the desk and was laying on the PTT switch.
Windwalker
Verified

Post by Windwalker »

I used to make light bulbs light up too

WW1
Stoneman
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by Stoneman »

Back in the day, I had a ole NY Trooper car, I had the cb in the car with the PA Horn, well we would hit the siren and have people pull over, talk **Censored** over the PA, they would get so **Censored** off..
Windwalker
Verified

Post by Windwalker »

Stoneman wrote: June 12th, 2023, 11:48 am Back in the day, I had a ole NY Trooper car, I had the cb in the car with the PA Horn, well we would hit the siren and have people pull over, talk **Censored** over the PA, they would get so **Censored** off..
Good thing you didnt get caught with that siren on pulling folks over.
Gotta love it