NOS VT, TV repair 'shack'

This forum is dedicated to discussions about tube radios and tube amplifiers.
EZU
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

NOS VT, TV repair 'shack'

Post by EZU »

Zenith Vacuum tube 'tackle box' style case, poor condition w/ hardware. Old CRT TV repair guides, more novelty than any expectation of value.
Though I've heard the NOS vacuum tubes can have some value. Other than posting pics, and expecting sage advice, is there a practical way of sorting 100+ NOS vacuum tubes?
I've got pics, yet they're over a MB.
Do I need admin permission, or will they have to be downloaded and linked?
443 Arizona
Mod Duck
Mod Duck

Post by 443 Arizona »

you could sort them by size, any of the bigger ones may be of some value, also, look for gold.
MDYoungblood
Verified
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

Sort by number and alphabet, probably all receiving tubes. As far as posting a link, I’ll let that up to Bozo, he is in charge and owns the forum. Click on his handle and there is a place to PM him, pic’s need 100+ posts.

3’s

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
EZU
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by EZU »

443 Arizona wrote: September 26th, 2022, 1:12 pm you could sort them by size, any of the bigger ones may be of some value, also, look for gold.
Gold, printed circuit boards? What other components would be ripe for harvesting?

Not much recognizable service equipment, a frequency generator was all I've seen so far.

Message from moderator Bozo

pictures added.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
443 Arizona
Mod Duck
Mod Duck

Post by 443 Arizona »

i know some of the old tubes would have heavy metals, gold, silver, pladium plating.
look for any containing wire screen, mesh , foil shielding, some bulbs had the inside coated with heavy metal oxides.
you could look thru the internet for more concise info