Information on these amps

This is the forum for asking questions about linear amplifiers or power supplies.
Stinki
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Information on these amps

Post by Stinki »

I was wondering if anyone had information on these amplifiers - Do they work on SSB, who makes them, etc...:

Texas Star Modulator V-plus
Commander 150A, class AB
Trucker 200

One of the lamps are burned out on the Texas Star, but I can't find a replacement. The number on the bulb is: AL 2102. It is approx. 5.6mm in diameter. Any ideas where to get one? I thought of modifying it with an LED.
Other than that, all these amps appear to work fine. I'm using a Uniden Grant XL to test.

I didn't check them on SSB as I'm not sure if the amps are designed for that usage. Seems to me that I ran across a modification some time ago that shows how to modify the Modulator V-plus to work on SSB, but I don't remember.

Thanks,

Stinki

Post by 127 »

Stinki wrote:I was wondering if anyone had information on these amplifiers - Do they work on SSB, who makes them, etc...:

Texas Star Modulator V-plus
Commander 150A, class AB
Trucker 200

One of the lamps are burned out on the Texas Star, but I can't find a replacement. The number on the bulb is: AL 2102. It is approx. 5.6mm in diameter. Any ideas where to get one? I thought of modifying it with an LED.
Other than that, all these amps appear to work fine. I'm using a Uniden Grant XL to test.

I didn't check them on SSB as I'm not sure if the amps are designed for that usage. Seems to me that I ran across a modification some time ago that shows how to modify the Modulator V-plus to work on SSB, but I don't remember.

Thanks,

Stinki

Parts for Texas Star amps can be found all over ebay.
kiwibobo
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by kiwibobo »

Stinki All of mine were out. Found out only 3 bulbs. 2 had 46ohms 1 open. Going to solder the legs to there pins on the switch.