Van fender channel mount, passengers side, drillable for NMO mount...

This forum provides help with antenna installation, as well as guidance on selecting the right antenna for your radio or mobile setup.
Mentor3006
Donor
Donor

Van fender channel mount, passengers side, drillable for NMO mount...

Post by Mentor3006 »

So I more or less have the CB antenna sorted. Fender channel mount for the van, rivnuts to allow it to bolt to the fender in 3 places instead of one, 6" spring, 102" whip and a FireStik FireRing cable... Good setup with LOTS of talk and good ears albeing VERY directional...

Now I am on to GMRS because, different clubs have different requirements for on trail comms...

Does anyone know of an antenna mount bracket that is basically the mirror image of the standard van hood channel mount? And particularly one that can be drilled out for the 3/4" NMO mount the GMRS antennas use?
Coils = loss.
Good audio, Quality coax, sturdy mounts, good springs, and a big stainless stick get you out and give you ears!
Mobile 1:President McKinley II FCC, Realistic 102" SS whip, President DigiMike
Mobile 2:Same as 1 but with a WIlson 1000.
Base: Realistic TRC-465 with Realistic noise cancelling power mic. 102" SS whip.
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Van fender channel mount, passengers side, drillable for NMO mount...

Post by MDYoungblood »

You could probably use the same type of mount but you would have to straighten the bottom and re-bend it to mirror the left side mount. Most NMO come pre coaxial and do fit in a 3/4" hole. For GMRS, I would try to get a mount that will fit higher on the vehicle like this,
2cc028d5128dff56cb9879a946f1c1bf--ham-radio-radios-2251724633.jpg
3's

Greg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department