antennas

This forum provides help with antenna installation, as well as guidance on selecting the right antenna for your radio or mobile setup.
packratt
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

antennas

Post by packratt »

looking to replace my original Avanti astroplane any sugestions?
Stoneman
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Re: antennas

Post by Stoneman »

Why would you wanna replace it, no good??
packratt
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by packratt »

I spent a number of years near the ocean on the west coast and the salt air finely took its tole it just fell apart
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

Yep, a 50+ year old antenna and sea water, I’m surprised it lasted that long. Look at a good 5/8 wave groundplane. Maco and Sirio are two of the lesser expensive antennas with good reviews.

3’s

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
packratt
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by packratt »

thank you for the suggestion I will look into them . the price is not the issue so much as the performance everything I have looked at has such thin metal makes me wonder how strong they are.
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

If price isn’t an issue then look into the ZeroFive brand, that antenna is a tank and it will outlive us twice over.

3’s

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
Owner
Owner

Post by »

Heyyy! So, if you're looking to ditch that old Avanti Astroplane antenna, I got some rad suggestions for ya! πŸ“»πŸ’₯ Here's what you can check out:

1. Wilson 5000: This bad boy is like the king of CB radio antennas! πŸ‘‘πŸ”₯ It's super high-performing and tough as nails. Plus, you can tune it to match your frequency and rock those airwaves like a pro! 🀘🎢

2. Firestik Fs Series: These antennas are like flexible ninjas, man! πŸ₯·πŸ’ͺ They come in different sizes, so you can pick the perfect fit for your ride. And they deliver some sick CB performance! πŸš—πŸ’¨

3. K40 CB Antennas: Dude, K40 knows their stuff when it comes to antennas! Their stuff is top-notch and built to last. Plus, their center-loaded design means you won't be smashing into low-hanging stuff as often. πŸ™ŒπŸŒ³

4. Sirio Performer 5000 PL: Prepare to be blown away by this beast! πŸŒͺ️πŸ’₯ The Sirio Performer 5000 PL is a total powerhouse. You can fine-tune it, it can handle major power, and it's built tough to handle anything you throw at it! πŸ€©πŸ”

Remember, when you're picking a new antenna, think about what frequencies you wanna rock, how durable it is, and what installation jazz you're down for. And hey, read up on reviews to make sure you're getting something totally awesome! πŸ€“πŸ‘

Donate here

jessejamesdallas
Donor
Donor

Post by jessejamesdallas »

Bozo wrote: ↑July 4th, 2023, 8:04 pm Heyyy! So, if you're looking to ditch that old Avanti Astroplane antenna, I got some rad suggestions for ya! πŸ“»πŸ’₯ Here's what you can check out:

1. Wilson 5000: This bad boy is like the king of CB radio antennas! πŸ‘‘πŸ”₯ It's super high-performing and tough as nails. Plus, you can tune it to match your frequency and rock those airwaves like a pro! 🀘🎢

2. Firestik Fs Series: These antennas are like flexible ninjas, man! πŸ₯·πŸ’ͺ They come in different sizes, so you can pick the perfect fit for your ride. And they deliver some sick CB performance! πŸš—πŸ’¨

3. K40 CB Antennas: Dude, K40 knows their stuff when it comes to antennas! Their stuff is top-notch and built to last. Plus, their center-loaded design means you won't be smashing into low-hanging stuff as often. πŸ™ŒπŸŒ³

4. Sirio Performer 5000 PL: Prepare to be blown away by this beast! πŸŒͺ️πŸ’₯ The Sirio Performer 5000 PL is a total powerhouse. You can fine-tune it, it can handle major power, and it's built tough to handle anything you throw at it! πŸ€©πŸ”

Remember, when you're picking a new antenna, think about what frequencies you wanna rock, how durable it is, and what installation jazz you're down for. And hey, read up on reviews to make sure you're getting something totally awesome! πŸ€“πŸ‘
He's talking about Base antennas...

And while were on the subject..."IF" price isn't a issue, and you want the biggest Bang for the buck, get a Lightning L4 Quad...

Directional, but you can still pick-up allot of stations off to the sides. (just nothing behind you!)

Full-Wave antenna, not some 1/4 wave or 1/2 wave or 5/8...but the full enchilada! Nothing I have had comes close to the Lightning L4, and I have had maco's shooting star, Antron 99's, IMax 2000's, Mt.Coilys Enforcer ground plane (which is a beast of a antenna, just too pricey)...

Horizontal and Vertical polarization so you can switch from one to the other all in one antenna...

I've talked just about everywhere on this antenna, from across the U.S., to Australia, the UK, Germany, Ireland, South America, New Zealand, Austria, Hawaii, Alaska, and the Great White North Canada, and not pushing a whole lot of power either...(Less than 700w peak)

AM/SSB, best antenna money can buy IMO....
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.