LED interference

This is the place to post your general tips or ask questions about your installation, whether it's for mobile or base stations.
The Bull
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

LED interference

Post by The Bull »

I am getting ALOT of noise through the antenna from my LED headlight bulbs. Am I just SOL or is there anyway to combat it?
MDYoungblood
Verified
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

Are they original equipment or aftermarket? If original go to the dealer parts department and see if the have a filter designed for this problem, a good parts person would know,, aftermarket bulbs, you have to contact the manufacturer.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
The Bull
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by The Bull »

They are aftermarket.
MDYoungblood
Verified
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

Yea, aftermarket whether they are cheap or expensive make a lot of noise. I was lucky with the brand (don't remember the name) I got off that auction site, they were inexpensive, didn't make any noise to my radio. The problem with them was they blinked while transmitting unless they were turned on, led dash lights did the same, you may run across that problem too. I ended up going back to regular high intensity bulbs because the led's had no longevity.
Go to the manufacturers website and see if they have plug and play filters, these connect inline.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
Benji
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER

Post by Benji »

I’d imagine it is not the leds themselves but the dc current they’re using. Filtering the current isn’t much of an option in your case.
jessejamesdallas
Verified
Donor
Donor

Post by jessejamesdallas »

You're "SOL"....

...and not the first either!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
The Bull
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by The Bull »

Well that sucks. They are stupid bright. I could move them to the high beams
jessejamesdallas
Verified
Donor
Donor

Post by jessejamesdallas »

The Bull wrote: November 2nd, 2019, 2:22 pm Well that sucks. They are stupid bright. I could move them to the high beams
I've seen this topic come up over the years on just about all the forums, and not once has anyone ever had a solution to the problem that actually worked! ...other than having them turned off when using the radio...
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.