running high voltage without a high dollar motormaul

This forum is the place to seek assistance with batteries, alternators, and charging systems.
bazookajoe

running high voltage without a high dollar motormaul

Post by bazookajoe »

hello,

i will add pics later.

the amps are = 3 pill driving straight 12 pill.

i have been using this setup for 2 months now and it works great.. i have 0 gauge wire running from under hood battery. battery box in back of truck has one 12 volt and two 6 volts. i used 2 heavy solenoids and a 12 volt relay to turn them on. in normal mode the solenoids tie the 6 volts together with the 12 volt charging system and charge. the amps are running on stock volts with front battery back battery and the two 6 volts tied together. when i flip the switch in the cab, the solenoids remove one of the 6 volts from the system, and ties the other 6 volt in series with the 12 volt system and both amps are now on high voltage. it floats at 21 volts, and under full load of both amps it holds at 19 volts. i have been using it for at least 5 hours a day seven days a week.

i have 1.3 swr and less than 25 watts reflect with both amps on 19 volts.. does not get any warmer than normal, and seems to be very dependable. :bounce:
The Killer
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Handle: DOMINATOR
Antenna: MR.COILY MEGA FLAT
Radio: MOD SQUAD HR2510

Re: running high voltage without a high dollar motormaul

Post by The Killer »

nice idea! im interested in seeing how you have it all wired up 8)
linx

Post by linx »

I used the 6v setup for a couple of years and it works great. My truck charged at 14.6V. I wired it into a 6v and got 20.6V to the amp. From 13V or so, it will double the output power of the amp.

Nice write up.
jessejamesdallas
Donor
Donor
Handle: Jesse James Dallas
Radio: working

Post by jessejamesdallas »

The Killer wrote:nice idea! im interested in seeing how you have it all wired up 8)
"Been there...Done that..."

I'm more interested on how much longer that Amp is going to last at those volts! :mrgreen:
But your right about one thing...You will see some impressive numbers for a while.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
bazookajoe

Post by bazookajoe »

i dont always run it on the high voltage.. i just like to be able to charge my 6 volts without having to use a seperate charger or switch wires back and fourth.
with the flip of a switch i can volt or not volt, and the way i run it with low keys and let it swing.. it will be ok as long as i keep the reflect down.. my other amps have never gave me any trouble ran them on volts for years and years, and never had a blown pill yet..... :mrgreen:
'Doc

Post by 'Doc »

I would have to say that so far you've been very lucky. Hope you continue to be.
- 'Doc
drdx
Donor
Donor
Handle: dollar-98
Antenna: Many
Radio: Many-

Post by drdx »

So, since it is a working model, what kind of numbers are you seeing and what drive levels are we talking about? What kinda meter? Are all of the amps volted or just the 12? I know that anytime you post numbers folks get all wound up but just a ballpark is nice. I know I'm wondering what kind of jump you see from stock to volted. Thanks for posting this. We've had this conversation on here before but this is the first I've seen posted where it has provision for the 6v batteries to charge. I think the other guys have to trickle charge their 6v batteries at the house or something but your deal is more self contained. Doubling the power is a good half s-unit, not worth it for some but all the difference in the world if you're really in a slugfest for bragging rights.

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all maul, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx
bazookajoe

Post by bazookajoe »

i keep getting errors when i try and post the pics can anyone post these for me if i mail them ?
Radio 75

Post by Radio 75 »

bazookajoe wrote:i keep getting errors when i try and post the pics can anyone post these for me if i mail them ?
how about making a Photobucket account and just post the URL?