2 Hots +++

This section is dedicated to Keydown Competition rigs and high-performance competition base setups. If you have questions or information on how to maximize a competition setup, this is the perfect place to share and discuss!
Moose
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER

2 Hots +++

Post by Moose »

Anyone run 2 hots with a reflector and directors?

I'm running 2 hots now, seems to be working well, but I'd like to add some elements, and just wondering if anyone out there has done the same?

I'm using all the roof available now (Ford Exploder) so I'd definately have to go way back and way forward (isolated up front).

Any thoughts????
drdx
Donor
Donor
Handle: dollar-98
Antenna: Many
Radio: Many-

Re: 2 Hots +++

Post by drdx »

I have an L shaped director I put on. It is mag mounted, uses some pvc for the bottom architecture and connection, and uses 3/8-24 mounts. I can screw in any 2 antennas in combo and it works fine. Due to the L configuration, a regular length antenna in both spots is right at the sweet spot, as the L part makes it appear shorter, right where you need it for a director, in the 5% range. It is totally isolated from the vehicle.

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all maul, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx
Moose
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER

Re: 2 Hots +++

Post by Moose »

Very cool DrDx......thanks.....I haven't much time to get this ready for the NW break......and that opens up some options...... using mag. mounts for the director ........

Any more hits on this???....Anyone else???........