Competition CB Radio From The Truck Stop CB Tech

This section is dedicated to Keydown Competition rigs and high-performance competition base setups. If you have questions or information on how to maximize a competition setup, this is the perfect place to share and discuss!
silverstreak
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Handle: silver streak
Radio: Galaxy,Ranger,Cobra

Competition CB Radio From The Truck Stop CB Tech

Post by silverstreak »

Ok now when everybody reads this please dont laugh,maybe you should really cry because this guy is aloud to work on radios.Ok first radio RCI2995 complaint when on SSB power supply would shut down AM sounded really bad power settings off.The person that owns this radio took it back to the so called Tech and told him about the SSB and the great answer was its a Comp Rig it shouldnt be used for SSB,lol,ok so he brought it to me to look at so took the top cover off and saw right away a wonderful sloppy regular diode on the parts side of the board added to make the radio run full blast,this great Tech really knows his stuff took the diode off the SMD part and board and reset the power and guess what?Radio sounds great on SSB and AM no more power supply shutting down.Ok next hacked radio General Lee old style with 1969 finals.Ok this one takes the cake volted the finals and driver but was to lazy to desolder so cut the test points all of them with cutters,right their you shouldnt be aloud to work on radios with that kind of work I guess the guy doesnt care about his work or being proud of it.Also Diode and resistor off of regulator trying to do the NPC mod but is way off more like a I dont know so I am going to guess.Cap added on bottom side of board coils pulled apart oh yea lets see those make beleive watts on the meter oldest trick in the book.Well to say the least glad I have a stock of Galaxy parts put all test points back in and board that belongs their did a full alingment RX was off,replaced some stuff to make it nice and loud did the real NPC mod now we have a radio that will spank any radio out there at is putting out 40-45 watts PEP.Well this guy paid $80.00 for the General Lee mod I mean hack and paid $60.00 for the RCI2995.Well felt sorry for the guy times are tough and so no charge.But asked him did you learn your lesson,lol.I am not saying anything bad about Truck Stop CB Shops just the one by me is doing this hack job their is alot of good Shops in Truck Stops all across the USA.And this Truck Stop CB Shop is telling everybody on channel 19 he is making the best Competition Radios,lol
All radios tuned by the best me.
treetall
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Handle: treetall
Radio: Galaxy

Post by treetall »

a 2950 a comp radio? thats funny
801 working this baby driver in the carolinas getting out the way.
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

.... why would you want to waste a 2950 for competition use? they are SSB radios!
silverstreak
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Handle: silver streak
Radio: Galaxy,Ranger,Cobra

Post by silverstreak »

It is funny and sad.This guy at the Truck Stop is good at sales,he makes you think you and him are best friends will spend a hour talking the talk.Making sound what he does has never been done before please spare me the drama.I have went in there just to see what this guy is like and he should be selling used cars he is good at talking.He is very good at not telling you what he does to radios just a bunch of Tech talk that nobody cares to hear.And plus he doesnt let you see what he does.Any time you have radio work done you can tell a scam by the Tech not telling you exactly what is being done to your radio or if you cant see him or her working on your radio.If you got nothing to hide then you are being honest with your customers.I asked the guy if your that great with radios why arent you making your own,answer I am talking with the a big company about a radio I have plans to make.I almost started to laugh thats the best answer in over 20 years I have herd.
All radios tuned by the best me.
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

haha, luckely my tech works on the radio infront of you, unless it needs to be worked on later cuz its a bigger repair.

hes damn expensive though, i need to send out my radios to protech!
JB11
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Post by JB11 »

If there is a lesson to be learned from radio that can be used in all walks of life it goes like this:

Never send your radio, car, wife, whatever to get some work done unless the guy doing the work is willing to tell you exactly what they plan on doing.

Radio is just like anything else we encounter daily. If it can be done there is a 99.9% chance someone has done it before and just because you tech has some new name or makes outrageous claims doesn't mean a damn thing. It's your money, pay attention to what is going on.

I'm tired of getting screwed.
PYRO-736
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Radio: Connex 3300

Re: Competition CB Radio From The Truck Stop CB Tech

Post by PYRO-736 »

If you are running or going to run a comp. setup it shouldn't matter what a tech says he can do on a radio. You should know enough on exactly how you want the radio set for your system and just have him do what you say you want him to do--no more no less-- Never use a tech that you have never heard his work and how it sounds out there. You should know through trustworthy references or word of mouth as in hearing multiple guys who's radios the guy tuned on the air blowin smoke. Even with that if the guy does more talkin than tunin with the customers in line before you walk out and find another tech---Just my opinion--- my tech, I call on the phone and tell him what I need done, ask when to come in he does my radio as I ask him to do to it and he sends me on my way and says let me know what everyone says about it and if it doesn't work for you as you would like come back, hit me over the head with it and I'll redo it. Have never had a problem with my radio I run now, most think it has a powermic and until they see it they refuse to believe it has a stock mic. My new Connex that I have for when I get my 16 pill goin in a few weeks I put in line to see how it sounded they say it sounds exactly like my Connex I run now. Only difference is it has variable power put in it to adjust my carrier to get the desired wattage deadkey wise to drive the 16, I know I'm rambling, sorry but the point is his work is ALWAYS solid I havent heard a radio he has done not sound good I think everyones tech should have the same kinda rep, especially when its gonna be the audio and first drive stage on a big system so you have no worries.
pitbull3825
Donor
Donor
Radio: RCI 2995DX,S45,99V

Post by pitbull3825 »

Boy oh boy am I glad I have two local friends that can handle any of the issues any of my radios have. And not have to deal with guys like that.
Honorable discharge 8 years U.S. Army 63S E-5
Locally you will listen to what I say!!!

"When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep.

When we fall asleep, we commit no sin When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. So, let's all get drunk and go to heaven!"

George Bernard Shaw
country29
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Handle: Country

Re:

Post by country29 »

TheTeZ wrote:haha, luckely my tech works on the radio infront of you, unless it needs to be worked on later cuz its a bigger repair.

hes damn expensive though, i need to send out my radios to protech!
which protech would you be referring to?
BushHog
Handle: Bushhog
Radio: general lee

Post by BushHog »

http://www.protechcbshop.com/
i would have imagined this one, he is a site sponsor.
country29
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Handle: Country

Post by country29 »

BushHog wrote:http://www.protechcbshop.com/
i would have imagined this one, he is a site sponsor.
sorry, new to the forum and haven't fully explored all the sponsers pages. I hope you are using the former protech, now rays electronics, in west memphis ar. Not the butcher shop protech in effingham IL with bob the radio butcher. I have been dealing with ray for many years and he only works on 1radio at a time and he is not the cheapest but you get what you pay for, and I have been very pleased.I have also had bob work on mine 1 time and had to take it to ray to get it fixed. This is just my opinion everybody has their own radio man preference and ray brasher just happens to be mine.
Dimitri
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Re:

Post by Dimitri »

JB11 wrote:Never send your ..... wife, .... to get some work done
If he keeps her that may be a good thing. :confused:

Dimitri