UNIDEN PRO 510XL DIRECT INJECTION

If you need assistance with a radio modification or have any questions, this forum is the perfect place to ask. Feel free to pop in and join the discussion!
2510hr
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK
Handle: jed clampet
Radio: anytone

UNIDEN PRO 510XL DIRECT INJECTION

Post by 2510hr »

has anybody done direct audio injection on a uniden pro510xl? is there somewhere on the web where i can get the info?

thanks
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Re: UNIDEN PRO 510XL DIRECT INJECTION

Post by MDYoungblood »

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
pabxone

Post by pabxone »

These are a better candidate - Easier PA stage to work on.
http://www.ozcbradios.com/cb- ... 736-yapper
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jessejamesdallas
Donor
Donor
Handle: Jesse James Dallas
Radio: working

Post by jessejamesdallas »

pabxone wrote: March 25th, 2017, 5:56 pm These are a better candidate - Easier PA stage to work on.
http://www.ozcbradios.com/cb- ... 736-yapper
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

We're not making fun of you but in your choice of radio, if you are buying thousands of dollars of rack equipment why not inject a radio like a Cobra 2000, Browning Golden Eagle, etc.

3's

Greg

jessejamesdallas
Donor
Donor
Handle: Jesse James Dallas
Radio: working

Post by jessejamesdallas »

MDYoungblood wrote: March 26th, 2017, 11:01 am We're not making fun of you but in your choice of radio, if you are buying thousands of dollars of rack equipment why not inject a radio like a Cobra 2000, Browning Golden Eagle, etc.

3's

Greg
Come on admit it..."Yes we are!" :lol:
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

jessejamesdallas wrote: March 26th, 2017, 1:51 pm
MDYoungblood wrote: March 26th, 2017, 11:01 am We're not making fun of you but in your choice of radio, if you are buying thousands of dollars of rack equipment why not inject a radio like a Cobra 2000, Browning Golden Eagle, etc.

3's

Greg
Come on admit it..."Yes we are!" :lol:
That was my attempt at being nice. I'm pretty sure he was just joking about the 510XL.
If you want to really do a direct injection buy a Kenwood, Icom, or Yeasu, radios that you can widen the audio output and bandwidth to truly sound good, JMO.

3's

Greg

Deleted User 14541

Post by Deleted User 14541 »

2510hr wrote: March 25th, 2017, 1:41 pm has anybody done direct audio injection on a uniden pro510xl? is there somewhere on the web where i can get the info?

thanks
Do you have a schematic for the 510XL? Cb tricks has one for a 510e but I'm not sure if it will work. I've never tried this but here's what I would try first.

On the 510e it looks like you could remove C51 and inject audio into the side feeding the mod transformer. The negative side.

Before you start modifying anything peak out the radio and then lower the dead key to where you need it by adding by diodes in series with D7. This should also take some load off the modulation transformer and help the low end response a bit.

I take it this is an experimental deal since you're using a cheap radio? That's a good thing. Better sound could be had with a better mod transformer, but instead of going through that kind of trouble you could stick a mauldulator or one of those asymod things in there. Beware of anyone that tells you you need an expensive ham right to make good AM, most of those guys have damaged their hearing with years of SSB exposure. :mrgreen:

___

Oh, the censorship of brands that don't keep the lights on here........I'm not even going to try to work around it. Send me a PM or catch me on another site where we can speak freely if you need any help. I'm surprised membership is free.