Ranger/galaxy amp section.

If you need assistance with a radio modification or have any questions, this forum is the perfect place to ask. Feel free to pop in and join the discussion!
rosman6119
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Antenna: PREDATOR 10k SHORT W
Radio: custom built 98vhp

Ranger/galaxy amp section.

Post by rosman6119 »

Ok I was wondering if anyone knows if you can take the whole amp section from a ranger radio that has an amp board with 4-2879 TOSHIBAS in it and put it on the bottom of a Stryker 490? Does anyone know if this would fit and if it matters the Stryker 490 has a 2290 toshiba as its final I just thought this would be a **Censored** radio if it would work.
sonoma
Donor
Donor
Handle: sonoma
Radio: President Washington

Re: Ranger/galaxy amp section.

Post by sonoma »

you will need to turn the stock final output down for it to work without blowing the addon finals if the cover will fit. that will be a awesome mod if you can drop the radio low enough. not sure how well it would work after lowering the out put of the radio with all the modulation it would have. sounds like a good project. I put one like this on a galaxy 44 which only had a stock 1969 single final which now kicks hard.
rosman6119
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Antenna: PREDATOR 10k SHORT W
Radio: custom built 98vhp

Re: Ranger/galaxy amp section.

Post by rosman6119 »

I thought that it would just be like a regular amp when you have a one 2290 driving 4 -2879s but I understand what your saying I would just have to make sure the dead key is below 100 watts I would think just like a regular 4 pill highdrive amp I guess but I was wondering if anyone would know if it would fit or know anybody that could do this for me.