midland

If you need assistance with a radio modification or have any questions, this forum is the perfect place to ask. Feel free to pop in and join the discussion!
svaughn77
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

midland

Post by svaughn77 »

Does anyone have the schmantics for the midland 75-822 (the newer version)? or know how to add high and low channels?
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Re: midland

Post by MDYoungblood »

I don't believe there is a mod for that radio, the 75-820 was shorting 2 solder pads but Midland changed the board and I haven't seen anything other than the modulation pot/tune up.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
sonoma
Donor
Donor
Handle: sonoma
Radio: President Washington

Re: midland

Post by sonoma »

I did a search and it stated on some post that the radio you have will mod just like the 75-820 as long as it is a old version around 2008 or so. a few posted the newer ones will not mod. FCC got involved a few years ago so you could not mod the radios. just like the radio shack htx10 the very 1st versions would mod just like a magnum 257 radios and FCC made them change every thing so you could not get all the extra channels. the htx10 would only work on 10 meters after all the processor changes were made.
you could look at the 75-820 mods and open your radio up and see if it has the same setup inside. from what I read the 822 was changed and did not have the jumper pads any more.