Midland 5001z

If you need assistance with a radio modification or have any questions, this forum is the perfect place to ask. Feel free to pop in and join the discussion!
Big Easy
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Midland 5001z

Post by Big Easy »

I'm a bit new to cb radios, I've got a Midland 5001z with a Wilson 1000 mag mount in my pickup.

I've already turned up the modulation pot in the radio, and I'm looking for any other mods that I could do(with a screwdriver preferably), to help get some more power out of this thing.
Deleted User 14541

Re: Midland 5001z

Post by Deleted User 14541 »

The best and most unpopular thing you can do to a radio is leave it alone and buy an amplifier for you want more power. All the power mods and component changes give you a dirty radio that looks impressive on a watt meter. Even if you double your power you haven't gained much on the receiving end.
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Re: Midland 5001z

Post by MDYoungblood »

Hello Big Easy,
Welcome to the forum. Since you found the modulation potentiometer you have done the only mod for that radio, like 543 said next is a good amp.
As a new member could you post an intro in the "Welcome to the Forum" topic, http://www.cbradiotalk.com/viewforum.php?f=89 , so other members can say "Hi", thanks.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department