2008 Mercury Milan Installation Suggestions

This is the place to post your general tips or ask questions about your installation, whether it's for mobile or base stations.
ImageJPEG
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Antenna: Wilson 1000 Magnet
Radio: Uniden Grant LT

2008 Mercury Milan Installation Suggestions

Post by ImageJPEG »

I currently have a Wilson 5000 magnet mount paired with a Uniden Grant LT. I hate modern vehicles. I can't really find a good location for me to mount my CB at. It's currently sitting in the passenger seat for now. I'm thinking about mounting it on the passenger side of the console. Any suggestions?

http://www.thetorquereport.co ... ilan10.jpg
Not exactly like my interior but close enough for this example. I want to put it on the passenger side, vertically, near the shifter.

-- Monday, 23 June 2014, 12:50 PM --

I have a Wilson 1000, not a 5000, sorry.
silvereagle1
Donor
Donor
Handle: Silver Eagle
Antenna: Sirio Turbo 5000
Radio: President Lincoln 2

Re: 2008 Mercury Milan Installation Suggestions

Post by silvereagle1 »

I bought a 2 teir gamber Johnson radio rack and screwed it to a piece of shelving board under my floor mat on passenger side of car. Used quick connects on the wiring so I can remove the whole system in 2 minutes. I ran a seperate ground wire to the chassis of my radio since there is no metal contact to the system. Works very well especially if you have passengers from time to time for quick removal.

Last edited by silvereagle1 on June 23rd, 2014, 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
President Lincoln 2
Sirio Turbo 5000 Roof Mount
567 East Tennessee
p38
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Handle: P38
Antenna: wilson5k,sirio!
Radio: magnums9 /madison

Post by p38 »

Not many options there or good ones for that Matter three places I wee possible one by your leggs (not comfortable) two on the dash (not sure of what's under that ) three over head mount
Jack of all trades ,master of none

ASE certified technician

my radios -cobra 25ltd /cobra 29ltdX2 /trc-501 / 1977 president madison am-usb-lsb/ magnum deltaforce 10meter /stryker 955hp magnums9 . imax 2000/ 102whip /k40 mag mount aracher crossbow 3 element on the flat side.
silvereagle1
Donor
Donor
Handle: Silver Eagle
Antenna: Sirio Turbo 5000
Radio: President Lincoln 2

Post by silvereagle1 »

The radio rack was my only option. It would work and does look good. I've got mine at an angle to face the driver seat and is well within reach from the driver seat as well. Just a thought. It keeps the whole unit neat and removable.

President Lincoln 2
Sirio Turbo 5000 Roof Mount
567 East Tennessee
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

You aren't the only one with a location problem, been trying to talk my wife into letting me put a radio in the Altima without her loosing too much legroom. You might want to check out putting it in the door pocket, looks like plenty of room there, someone had a topic not to long ago about putting it there. The other place is the pocket on top of the dash, depending on how deep it is a Magnum 257HP/Optima MKIII or the new Grant II might fit well in it and be well hidden when not in use.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department