05 Dodge radio mount

This is the place to post your general tips or ask questions about your installation, whether it's for mobile or base stations.
Chieftain428
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

05 Dodge radio mount

Post by Chieftain428 »

I have an 05 dodge 2500 with a six speed and I am wanting to mount a cobra 29 but can't find a suitable location. Has anybody got a good solution? I cant find a place and keep eveything else funtional.
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Re: 05 Dodge radio mount

Post by MDYoungblood »

Hello Chieftain428,
New vehicles don't give you a lot of choices when it comes to mounting a radio. I have an 04 automatic and I mounted it like this. As you can see I use the cup holder so it had to stay (I cleaned up the cab after I saw the pic).
I have the radio on a slide mount so I can change out radios when I want. I used two angle brackets to mount the slide and I am going to put them under the carpet in the next couple of weeks. Hope this helped.

73's
Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
Chieftain428
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by Chieftain428 »

Yeah man I like your set up, but my shifters take up so much space its going to be difficult. I want to mount mine in between the console "seat" and shifter facing up, similar to what you have done but turned 90 degrees. I haven't really tried to see if there will be room for it there or not, it sure looks tight. I want it to be easy to see and reach from the drivers seat. Thanks for the input and the pic. I'm new on here and to the communications network, I need all the information I can get I am green about everything.
yamaha
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Antenna: A99,M103,60rohn
Radio: 2950DX--2000GTL

Post by yamaha »

You may be able to find a headliner kit made for a cd player or cb will fit in it to. I know a guy with a 09 ram with one.
2950DX - 2000GTL - 148GTL - 29LTD - 19Plus - 3300HP - DX959 - Galaxy SIRIUS (some type of RCI creation)
Ohio_359
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by Ohio_359 »

I have an '03 and '04 both with 6-spd. I mounted mine on the knee bolster at my right knee (brake controller on the left knee). It may/may not work for you there. I'm a little over 6' so I pull the seat all the way back for arm room and then bring the power pedals to me. It gives me plenty of room.

I have a General Lee in one and a 2970n2 in the other, both are bigger than the Cobra29.
'Doc

Post by 'Doc »

If you can find an "ideal" place to mount a radio in any of the newer vehicles, you gotta be a genius! Or have lots of imagination. Only advice I'd offer is to just try holding the radio in several likely spots and see if it'd be 'usable' there. If/when you find the best spot, then worry about how to mount the @#$ thing. Your imagination would be very handy with that too!
Good luck.
- 'Doc
Chieftain428
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by Chieftain428 »

Thanks guys for all ot the input, I kind of planned on holding it in several locations and see what I like, and then try and fab up a mount for that location. I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas before i fabbed up something that didn't work well, or maybe gain ideas that I would not have thought of. Thanks again
lil schmuck
Mud-Duck Jr.
Mud-Duck Jr.

Post by lil schmuck »

I have mine mounted on the headliner between the overhead display, and center dome light. It Took a lot longer to install but looks great, and is very functional. I'd post pictures, but I am unsure how, as this site will not let me link to my photobucket pics.
lil schmuck
Mud-Duck Jr.
Mud-Duck Jr.

Post by lil schmuck »

I just realized this thread was from 3 years ago even though it only on page two................
hdman93
Mud-Duck Jr.
Mud-Duck Jr.

Post by hdman93 »

it may be an old thread but I like the idea of putting up in the overhead console... I don't haven't bought a radio yet but I am looking and thinking about all that will be needed to do... location, location, location.. s
silvereagle1
Donor
Donor
Handle: Silver Eagle
Antenna: Sirio Turbo 5000
Radio: President Lincoln 2

Post by silvereagle1 »

portable mount:
rack mounted on a board works great on the passenger side with quick connects for easy removal when hauling passengers.
President Lincoln 2
Sirio Turbo 5000 Roof Mount
567 East Tennessee