Voice Changer nv-8900

Come in and ask any question, or just come in and say hello.

Moderator: JR Moderator

Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Radio: Connex,Cobra
Name: Nick

Voice Changer nv-8900

Post by 403 » Thursday, 20 March 2008, 6:57 AM

I was on Clays website and seen this neat noise toy and was wandering if any of you guys have one are seen are heard this thing???Like to know if it does what it says it does :D 8) 8) :D :!: I would like to get one if it works mann i would have some fun with my buddies!!

379 stringbean
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by 379 stringbean » Thursday, 20 March 2008, 7:26 AM

I have one and yes it works.Basically I passed it around to my buddies and we all had fun with it.Definitely a decent quality voice changer as far as clarity.In the mobile,it picks up the engine noise on some of the settings but not all.Perfect on a power supply though.Have fun!!

Pro-Tech
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: Any radio I want.
Name: Red Bud
Home Phone: 8702102009
Referrals: 1

Post by Pro-Tech » Thursday, 20 March 2008, 7:57 AM

We get a lot of customers that want something to make them sound like a woman so they can fool other drivers. We tried the Land-O-Matic and it sounded to roboty or electronic for our customers so we quit carrying that brand. If you know of one that sounds natural let us know.

super20dan
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by super20dan » Thursday, 20 March 2008, 10:25 AM

my buddy and i have the landmatic and have had a blast pretending to be aliens visiting from space to bug this jerk -telling him will probe him and abduct him etc. the higher settings sound unlike the human voice but the lower setting -you can make your voice deep like barry white. you can get the barjan voice changer mike to do the same thing and its a lot cheaper .

Skipshooter
Skipshooter

:

Post by 403 » Thursday, 20 March 2008, 12:03 PM

OK so the NV-8900 sounds good?OK that's all i needed to no ill pick one up.I am not going to tell my friends until the bust me wow cant wait :lol: 8) :lol:

Skipshooter
Skipshooter

:

Post by 403 » Thursday, 20 March 2008, 13:10 PM

8)
Last edited by 403 on Wednesday, 09 April 2008, 8:03 AM, edited 1 time in total.

shadow
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Radio: Cobra 25 NW, 148 GTL

Post by shadow » Thursday, 20 March 2008, 13:43 PM

Just a suggestion to anyone who wants to add effect to their base station. I run an Alesis Signal Processor (effects module) on my setup (among other things) and you can pick one up for pretty cheap on ebay, i've seen them go for under $50. You will have access to almost any filter you can think of including the voice changer. If you know how to wire it up, this would be the best and cheapest path.

Skipshooter
Skipshooter

:

Post by 403 » Thursday, 20 March 2008, 13:47 PM

shadow wrote:Just a suggestion to anyone who wants to add effect to their base station. I run an Alesis Signal Processor (effects module) on my setup (among other things) and you can pick one up for pretty cheap on ebay, i've seen them go for under $50. You will have access to almost any filter you can think of including the voice changer. If you know how to wire it up, this would be the best and cheapest path.
Will it work on my connex 3300 hp?

shadow
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Re: :

Post by shadow » Thursday, 20 March 2008, 14:21 PM

403 wrote:Will it work on my connex 3300 hp?
It will work with any radio if you know how to inject the signal into the radio's audio. For example: I have a base station mic that i've added RCA cables to (input/output) the output RCA cable is the audio from the microphone which can be sent out for processing. Once the signal is processed it comes back into the input RCA and is fed into the radio.

Alternatively, you can make an adapter so you don't have to butcher your microphone. It just need a little imagination.

THE WATCHMAN
Donor
Donor

Post by THE WATCHMAN » Thursday, 20 March 2008, 14:41 PM

I THINK REDMAN SELLS THEM.

shadow
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by shadow » Thursday, 20 March 2008, 17:12 PM

403, here is a video i made with my voice processor. near the end you will hear the voice changer.

shadow
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by shadow » Thursday, 20 March 2008, 17:13 PM

oops, forgot the link. unfortunately i cant edit my post so here it is

viewtopic.php?p=159835#159835

causmik
Donor
Donor

Post by causmik » Thursday, 20 March 2008, 18:02 PM

shadow wrote:Just a suggestion to anyone who wants to add effect to their base station. I run an Alesis Signal Processor (effects module) on my setup (among other things) and you can pick one up for pretty cheap on ebay, i've seen them go for under $50. You will have access to almost any filter you can think of including the voice changer. If you know how to wire it up, this would be the best and cheapest path.
You and I are doing the same thing. I use a DigiTech S100 and a tube pre with an AT2020 studio mic. Sounds awesome! The pitch shifting is a hoot and the tube pre coupled with the 2020 are an awesome combo when run through my Yamaha mixer. More and more folks are doing this these days. Unmistakable sound, indeed.

Mike

Skipshooter
Skipshooter

:

Post by 403 » Wednesday, 09 April 2008, 8:09 AM

Well i have had the voice changer for a few days and it is fun.But it does not do anything it says it can do.Does anyone no of a quality voice changer?
This thing makes you sound like 8 different aliens and 8 different :twisted: s

Darrin
Donor
Donor

Post by Darrin » Wednesday, 09 April 2008, 17:05 PM

You must not got the right one or you did not follow the directions correctly, the nv-8900 will do exactly and perform just like it says it does and you would never know it was some device making that voice coming over the air ways. in fact If you got one and your buddy did not know you had it and you talk to him regularly and just you started a conversation up with him he would never know that was you or matter of fact no one would even know it was some kind of device putting out that voice. Now the key to using one of those NV-8900 is you need to become comfortable before you go out and start using it because if you get one and just go out a plug it in not knowing how it works they will be able to tell it either some joker or some kids screwing around on the radio and no one will talk to you. You need to practice, talk into the mic and make adjustments and talk some more and more and make more adjustments and keep yaking away to yourself or who ever but it is just like the day you got your radio everyone on the air listening new you were a new bee or want a bee until you got more comfortable using the radio than you became a big strapper or big dog on the air, it is the same if not harder to become more comfortable using. Plus if your using your talk back and listening to yourself that way, that is why you think it don't work like it should because just like talking into your radio normally it don't sound like what your hearing the same way it sounds to others that are picking up your signal. I hope you don't think that you sound like you do in your talk back and you sound that way to others over there radio because you don't not even close at all. There is a guy around here that uses one of the NV-8900 and he fools everybody every time and I mean every time and he will make you out like a fool even to his regular talking buddies. He gets it out once a week or every other week and uses it with one radio and a mic he than changes mics and lowers the power to change your signal going out and switches radio again and so on to fool everyone and there is time no one ever figures out it was him it is the funniest **Censored** messy with people and playing them out a leading them on to something like the just won the lottery and than all of a sudden they find out it wasn't at all like what they thought and everyone is quiet after that. there is a lot to making that do what is supposed to do beside plugging it in a trying to do what it says it does in the sales description that it say it will do. No way you will be totally pissed off and calling the place up you bought it from and telling them it don't work like you said it does but it does they just didn't put in there user must first spend 10 to 20 hours fine tuning it to do what it say it will do because if they did you or I wouldn't buy and neither would anyone else. But once you get it figured out you are going to have a blast making people out the best one is when you get some driver passing through and set some where where you can see them real good and the follow them not to close but with in sight and key up as a female trying to pick up that driver for a good time you acting like the female but it is better if you can catch them going into a truck stop for fuel where everyone can hear you and this guy your trying to pick up and than after awhile leading him on to where he thinks wow this is really going to happen and than you switch it over to the mans voice and see if he still interested in you and look out because everyone is stumped not just the guy you were talking to everyone who heard you, you fooled that's what it is all about. It works real well with women too but there not as many out there to get you have to really troll and also you can find out first hand just how many **Censored** and lezzy there really are out there. So practice up and don't go out there and blow it before you practice because than everyone will know. And have fun have a lot of time and gas and money when your headed out to have fun and take a couple spare radios with you and gear and make sure your set up is all tuned real good low swr's and good connections and you will have a time of your life.

Enjoy,

Cotton Mouth.

Skipshooter
Skipshooter

:

Post by 403 » Thursday, 10 April 2008, 7:54 AM

Well i have tuned the controls on the back of the changer.And i have set it to were there is no feedback.And kick the ol amp on and wow feed back like crazy lol.Ahhh dunno i have messed and messed with it still sounds like a devil and aliens? :(
Owell still fun.

Skipshooter
Skipshooter

:

Post by 403 » Thursday, 10 April 2008, 21:17 PM

Is there a better voice changer out there ???If so were can i buy one?

dud muck
Donor
Donor

Re: :

Post by dud muck » Friday, 11 April 2008, 5:11 AM

Probably the most comprehensive voice changing setup would be to use a personal computer with base-station.
With the output of the sound card connected to the microphone input of the CB, of the shelf software for your computer
could be used for voice changing.

Once such example software is AV voice changer from audio4fun.
does the regular tone changing stuff, but also have background effects like nature sounds, public affairs sounds, or street voices.
And this can change your voice to sound like movie stars and celebrities.
Unlimited power permitted on CH1 to CH27 as per FCC CFR 47 part 18: 18.305(a) and 18.301

SUBWAY
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Radio: loud & proud
Name: Jeran Goodwin

nv-8900

Post by SUBWAY » Tuesday, 15 April 2008, 22:41 PM

I also have a nv 8900 voice changer. It does not, has not, and will not do what it claims. Whoever uses it can sound like a alien child up to an alien adult or can send it the other way and be called devil. We have adjusted the gains and everything else adjustable. Even though it doesn't do what it says, it is still fun to play around with. And about talkback. No, you don't sound the same on your talkback as the receive on a radio in a differant vehicle, but you can sure tell the differance between an alien and a women on talkback.... So you'll just have to eat the 70 bucks and have fun with it anyways.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic