2007-10 Tundra/Sequoia issue

This is the place to show off that ride, ask questions, or find answers about your favorite cars, trucks, 4X4`s, street rods.

Moderator: JR Moderator

Punkin Head
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: ICOM IC-775DSP
Antenna: Little Tarheel II
Name: Kevin

2007-10 Tundra/Sequoia issue

Post by Punkin Head » Tuesday, 19 April 2011, 22:18 PM

If any of yall own a Toyota Tundra or Sequoia in this year range, be aware that there is an issue with the emissions of this vehicle. There are 2 air injection pumps that run for the first 2 minutes when you start your engine to preheat the catalytic converter to help the truck run clean. The problem is that this unit has an intake pipe behind the passenger side front tire and the unit is getting moisture inside causing pump failure. If you still have the factory drivetrain warranty you will be covered but if not the repair could range from $2000-$4000.

Mine just failed and it was under warranty still. Most people are having problems with these between 35,000-60,000 miles. Mine failed at 56,000. Also the reason of this post is they will try to blame the failure on you, so they dont have to pay, by saying you drove thru deep water. You need to stand your ground and advise them you have done your research and you know that EVERYONE with one of these year and model vehicles has had the same problem at the same mileage. They will back pedal and admit to the problem and cover your repairs.

Toyota knows this is a problem part and has issued a TSB (Toyota Service Bulletin) addressing this and even redesigned the part to prevent it from happening again.

This part wouldnt be such a pain in the gluteus maxims if Toyota hadnt programmed the ECU to throw the truck into limp mode when the pump goes out. The part is useless in my opinion and is not necessary to the operation of the truck so why they make it go into limp mode is beyond me.

Anyway, if any of yall have one of these veh's hope this info helps you.

reference material - http://www.tundraheadquarters.com/blog/ ... ment-21478" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Punkin Head on Tuesday, 19 April 2011, 22:24 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Drake C Line
Little Tarheel II
ICOM IC-775DSP
ICOM IC-746 Pro
ICOM IC-2200H
Baofeng UV-5R
Baofeng UV-3R+

Punkin Head
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: ICOM IC-775DSP
Antenna: Little Tarheel II
Name: Kevin

Re: 2007-10 Tundra/Sequoia issue

Post by Punkin Head » Tuesday, 19 April 2011, 22:20 PM

also if your check engine light comes on and it goes into limp mode, these are the common codes associated with this issue: P0418, P0419, P2440, P2441, P2442, P2443, P2445, and/or P2447

Drake C Line
Little Tarheel II
ICOM IC-775DSP
ICOM IC-746 Pro
ICOM IC-2200H
Baofeng UV-5R
Baofeng UV-3R+

str8stroke
Donor
Donor
Radio: Gold Cobra 29LTD
Antenna: 1/16 Wave Dipole
Name: Ric Flair
Home Phone: 27.235.000
Cell Phone: 8007597243

Re: 2007-10 Tundra/Sequoia issue

Post by str8stroke » Tuesday, 18 December 2012, 4:51 AM

Interesting. Typical manufacture trying to pass it off on the customer. Good post. You may want to sign onto one of the Toyota forums and post that too. ALL cars have their nuances.

Also, I think TSB may stand for Technical Service Bulletin. Some Toyota owners and so on have used the slang term Toyota Service Bulletin, but its actually Technical. I have been in the car business for 13 years now. Just thought I would throw that out.

Ric Flair is on the Air, with Pink Underwear!!! WHAOOO!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic