Calling all SSB operators Southern Ontario Canada

Whether you're new to using single sideband (SSB) or have years of experience, this forum is the perfect place to ask your questions or provide assistance to those who are new.
Bill94
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Handle: 351
Antenna: 3 Element Beam Horiz
Radio: Icom 746pro

Calling all SSB operators Southern Ontario Canada

Post by Bill94 »

Hello Everybody im currently living at my friends house near a little town called Stirling in southeastern Ontario. In the evenings, il be found on 38 lsb 27.385 trying to call out anybody who wants to chat. My handle's the Lumberjack or 351 and im looking for people to talk to around the area in the evenings. So anyone who happens to be out on 38lsb in the evening -10:00 pm give the Lumberjack a holler. Im running a Galaxy DX94hp with my wilson 5000 antenna mag mounted to the roof. Unless anybody knows of any SSB 11m clubs around this area. The extra channel mod has also been done with my radio, so give a holler!
73s
Will
The Lumberjack
silvereagle1
Donor
Donor
Handle: Silver Eagle
Antenna: Sirio Turbo 5000
Radio: President Lincoln 2

Re: Calling all SSB operators Southern Ontario Canada

Post by silvereagle1 »

Welcome to the forum from Tennessee. I'll look for you on skip when Canada comes in. Right now most of my skip comes from california. Every once and a while ill hear Canada but not often. I've talked to the same stations in california over and over. 4444 in LA I've spoke with 3 or 4 times in the past month. Nice older gentleman. 359 in Phoenix AZ I've spoke to a couple of times. I'm starting to get a lot of Colorado stations now too. Talked to a truck driver in bolder for 5 minutes yesterday. 5353 was his number he was headed to Seattle. So I'll be looking for you for sure. I've not made any contacts yet with another CBRT member that I know of. I always give a CBRT plug when on dx.
President Lincoln 2
Sirio Turbo 5000 Roof Mount
567 East Tennessee
Bill94
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Handle: 351
Antenna: 3 Element Beam Horiz
Radio: Icom 746pro

Post by Bill94 »

Sounds good man i look forward to the next round of good conditions for the eastern US to Canada. The most reliable skip conditions and the most people ive made contacts with have been between my place and tennessee, North Carolina, and georgia. Ive made contacts with plenty of people with the ol pro 510xl 40 channel, but look forward to working conditions with my new Galaxy. I look forward to hearing from you for sure!
73s
Lumberjack in Ontario Canada
Unit243
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Handle: Red Knight
Antenna: Maco 5/8 wave
Radio: Kenwood TS440SAT

Post by Unit243 »

When I get my old Courier Centurion some more frequencies we"ll talk , it's only a 23 ch. Sideband lol but a sweet unit.
Savoirfaire
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Savoirfaire »

Hello and welcome, Bill94 - Will, to the CBRT Forum from 10 X-Ray 47 (SSB) from the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia.

I hope to catch u in the forum and on the airwaves. Will look u up.

There are so many operators on this site with years and years of radio experience.

You have come to the right place for fellowship, fun and/or learning.

Do not be afraid to ask.

73, Frank
bmwed
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER
Antenna: Shakesphere Bigstick
Radio: TRC 453 Colt Black S

Post by bmwed »

Hey I’m in Mississauga. Not much radio traffic here, get some skip once in a while. Too much interference. Will have to raise my antenna, currently have a Shakespeare Big stick up around 25 feet. Also my unit has only 23 channels.
Ed
Unit243
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Handle: Red Knight
Antenna: Maco 5/8 wave
Radio: Kenwood TS440SAT

Post by Unit243 »

Got my Kenwood now , as soon as I get a real antenna we'll get to ratchet jawing !!

Kenwood TS-440S , Turner Plus 3 and a Maco 5/8th's wave.... 1137 Southern Ontario Standin' by !!