Ever seen one of these?

This forum is dedicated to the discussion and support of shortwave radios and scanners.
Joker-Dave
Donor
Donor
Radio: 99V

Ever seen one of these?

Post by Joker-Dave »

I found this scanner at a local thrift store today. I have no idea what frequencies it scans or if it even works. They let me plug it in and turn it on and it made noise. The price tag said $28 but the lady said I could have it for $10. I passed but I might go back and pick it up. It is a Regency. It plugs in to a standard 110V outlet and has a built in antenna.

Dave, AKA Joker, AKA JeeperCreeper on http://www.itsajeep.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; AKA Scared on other forums and Xbox 360 sittin back, relaxin and listenin
Joker-Dave
Donor
Donor
Radio: 99V

Re: Ever seen one of these?

Post by Joker-Dave »

Well I went ahead and picked it up today and i'll just turn it on in the shop and see what happens. I know it makes noise at least. :joker:
Dave, AKA Joker, AKA JeeperCreeper on http://www.itsajeep.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; AKA Scared on other forums and Xbox 360 sittin back, relaxin and listenin
djrebel236

Post by djrebel236 »

must be peeking into my room, i have the same scaner here, it takes crystals for it to work, luckily i have the crystals for my local area to listen to my scanner...Dj
5xray792
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER
Antenna: Antron 99
Radio: Uniden pc122xlt

Post by 5xray792 »

I know this an old post but I had to chime in. The way you find out what it can do is open up the case and look for the pins where the crystals go. you will see the area marked that says uhf vhf and wires to move to that area. Crystals go for about 3-5 dollar or more on **Non Sponsor**

(edited by MDY, removed **Non Sponsor**)