Clarifier wiring question

This forum is intended for asking any other technical questions that you cannot find answers to in the other forums.
DXer
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Handle: DXer
Radio: Several

Clarifier wiring question

Post by DXer »

I have a Cobra 2010 GTL WX that has the clarifier unlocked. The Fine and Coarse were working fine until I had the radio in for maintenance. Had a recap done and a realignment done. When I got the radio back, the coarse clarifier works fine but the fine doesn't do anything. I called the tech to talk with him about this and he stated the unlock that was done originally was done incorrectly and he redid it properly. He said with this radio, the fine wont work. I don't think this is correct. I see many dual pot clarifier's work properly unlocked and Cobra 2000's work just fine when they are unlocked. I wish I would have made note of the connections before I sent it in but did not. I can't for the life of me get the fine to work with the coarse. I talk a lot of SSB and trying to fine tune with the coarse is a PITA.
295 antenna
Handle: 2950 or 295
Antenna: patriot, Discone
Radio: Stryker 955 , Browning Mark iv

Re: Clarifier wiring question

Post by 295 antenna »

I know on my 148 one is for receive and one is for transmit I don't remember the order

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Keep smiling ...It makes people wonder what your up too !

American eagle SSB group : AE1577

TWRC - The world radio group : WR2950

world wide sidebanders - WWS2950
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

Hmm,, when doing the fine/coarse mod I think you have to remove VR-5 and replace it with a 100 ohm resistor, check and see if the tech replaced the trimmer pot. That is not the only thing that needs to be done to get it right but it is a start.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
jon6667
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Antenna: dipole
Radio: icom 7300

Post by jon6667 »

who did the work. so i can never use this person. fine and course work fine together.
i have had many radios with both unlocked they work fine
DXer
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Handle: DXer
Radio: Several

Post by DXer »

No the trimmer is still there. Ok so there is no easy way to wire it to work? I thought maybe a wire or a jumper on the clarifier was not hooked up.