cnnex 3300

This forum is intended for asking any other technical questions that you cannot find answers to in the other forums.
peabody830
Super Mud-Duck
Super Mud-Duck
Handle: shadow
Call Sign: KC8ZKI
Radio: HR 2510

cnnex 3300

Post by peabody830 »

thought the audio chip was bad, replaced it with new, radio has no receiver audio, no talkback and very low PA audio. does work on transmit fine, if someone can point me in the right direction I would be thank full its a 360014b board
sonoma
Donor
Donor
Handle: sonoma
Radio: President Washington

Re: cnnex 3300

Post by sonoma »

on the solder side of the board there is one or 2 shields soldered to the board. take a tooth brush and push around in those areas with the radio on and see if it will wake up while pushing. also use the bristles to scrub around in those areas also. see if one of them will bring it back. a bad solder joint can cause this also. even try pushing on the parts and see if one of them the pin is not soldered good to the trace. you are basically checking for a bad solder joint around the vco and Pll areas. most of the time I find a bad solder joint on these radios in those areas. get your self a good magnifying glass to look at the board to see if a joint looks like a cold solder.
make sure your mic is good also. you do not need a mic for the RX but a bad connector can give weird problems some times

[ Post made via Linux Laptop ] Image