NASCAR or Rally Racing: Which is for REAL MEN?

Hunting, Fishing, Football, Baseball, Nascar, Hockey, and any other sports interest.
start a foot ball pool etc.

Moderator: JR Moderator

Foxhunter
Donor
Donor
Radio: Fisher-Price
Referrals: 1

NASCAR or Rally Racing: Which is for REAL MEN?

Post by Foxhunter » Friday, 13 March 2009, 17:02 PM

Haha lol----sorry----had to say that to grab some attention and I hoped it worked hehe. If my Uncle John sees this I'd be "swingin' in the breeze" on a noose from a tree----but I really think that Rally Racing is almost pretty much the ultimate in car Racing or maybe the most extreme ?

NASCAR is still cool and I live near the Dover DE track and have been to the Bristol TN track as well as live virtually right-next-door to the ATCO NJ NHRA 1/4-mile drag racing strip.

But it looks to me like the Rally Races demand the most from a driver altogether and although the navigator has maps----the track course layouts are still very confusing as all h@ll which keeps things interesting and unpredictable. There are hazards everywhere and un-guardrailed cliff-edges that go down several hundred feet in many cases etc. Really cool. These guys race in ice and snow, mountains, jungles, deserts on and on. "Pikes Peak" is another famous event in a similar vein.

Of all the classes of racing I love Rally Racing best. It seems the most scary and difficult to do and myself I love being scared. The video features Rally Racing to the song track and I really recommend full-screen for this one. Watch the clips from the driver's point of view and how disorienting it looks from the inside POV.

(As always double-click for original source full-screen viewing)

Last edited by Foxhunter on Saturday, 14 March 2009, 21:29 PM, edited 1 time in total.

I Remember

Twink
Donor
Donor
Radio: Cobra148F/Cobra 200
Name: Reno
Home Phone: 6145577212

Re: NASCAR for wimps ? This is for REAL MEN

Post by Twink » Saturday, 14 March 2009, 10:54 AM

those are some killer vids...
Dammit Wrongway! I drilled the freaking hole!

djrebel236
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Re: NASCAR or Ralley Racing: Which is for REAL MEN?

Post by djrebel236 » Saturday, 14 March 2009, 21:36 PM

the True races come from the DIRT, Asphalt Jungle is to get there...LOL...Dj
I'm banned for talking smack!

Texas Mobil 219
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: Uniden 78

Post by Texas Mobil 219 » Sunday, 15 March 2009, 3:52 AM

Nascar, NHRA, Ralley are all cool sports. If your looking for indurance, That would have to be the BAJA 500.

IMO of course.
219 Swinging on 108'' in Texas. NO SPRINGS AND ALL STAINLESS. MFJ-1966
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES
Send your signal to the world

Foxhunter
Donor
Donor

Post by Foxhunter » Friday, 27 March 2009, 11:30 AM

That's cool and true. Hoped someone would get a kick out of it and maybe someone who may've never seen rally-racing might get a small preview.

You see especially in the first video how people scatter like chickens out of the way at the last second?----hehe

All racing really is cool but what I admire with these guys is how grueling it is combined with ever-changing situations, climates, course layouts etc. Cameras flashing in your face, blinded by the sun, everything looking the same in the snow etc it's pretty wild. There is some shots of the Baja events as well. Pike's Peak is crazy and seriously dangerous too, one false move and you're over the cliff. Love it.

I Remember

drdx
Donor
Donor

Post by drdx » Friday, 27 March 2009, 11:52 AM

I like the ralley stuff as well as the desert/baja 1000 style stuff. That is REAL man racing. Dirt, darkness, danger, weather, no woosy rainouts, no pansy "track drying", real vehicles, real world. The best part is that the good component research that ends up turning into cool stuff for us, the consumers. Unless they redesign the street system here to where I'm making left turns all day screaming "go dayul junya, go boy, skreww that sissy jeff gordin, he's got sugar in his tank", I don't see nascar doing much for me in that respect.

I think nascar is fixed and is like wrestling only with cars. Dale Sr. is not dead, I saw him at the pack-a-sack not long ago in an old dirty taurus with an exaust leak picking up some smokes. I think dale jr. is just a **Censored** spoiled brat and if he was a cb'er he'd talk on a wilson antenna, no, make that a 2 foot firestick.

Here, we call walmart "the big show" because it is a people watching treat but the real people watching is at a nascar race. I went to one here because of work related requirements and did the luxury suite deal and it was nice but the people were more fun than the cars to watch. Hot out of control bouncing jugs, porkchops, mullets, those frameless rainbow mirror sunglasses, those MC Hammer big pants with the patterns on them, and flipflops. If it is out of style, you'll see it there. People with more children than teeth. And that's in the good seats.

Those cars aren't stock cars, they're generic racing machines and every week somebody knows who's turn it is to win. I do think it was much better 30 years ago when it was Buddy Baker, Kale, and the cars were more carlike. Those races were possibly real competitions for the win and not all predetermined.

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all *Censored*, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx

Foxhunter
Donor
Donor

Post by Foxhunter » Monday, 30 March 2009, 11:06 AM

drdx, you crack me up more than almost anyone I know anywhere. I'm very glad to know you.

I Remember

Farmer John
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Radio: Realistic TRC-449
Name: John Stephens

Post by Farmer John » Tuesday, 09 June 2009, 19:41 PM

Texas Mobil 219 wrote:Nascar, NHRA, Ralley are all cool sports. If your looking for indurance, That would have to be the BAJA 500.

IMO of course.
I would go with Dakar over Baja. I have not seen any Rally Races in years. Aside recap shows of Dakar, Baja and Pikes Peak, they are not shown here. While I am a fan of NASCAR, I am tired of all the bullshyt that goes on with it. They need to go back to the 60's and 70's, with slightly modified cars, for safety reasons. Everyone should just go to their local dealership, buy a car that meets the minimal requirements, make them safe to run on truck, and let them race.

Anyway, I would have loved to ran in CORR. I have heard that WSORR has taken the spot of CORR, but I have yet to see any racing on SPEED.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic