antenna suggestions

This forum provides help with antenna installation, as well as guidance on selecting the right antenna for your radio or mobile setup.
Sillybiscuit
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

antenna suggestions

Post by Sillybiscuit »

Hello all... I have a galaxy 88 and a hood/fender mount on a 2008 Ford F-150. What antenna do you suggest. Want it to be somewhat conspicuous ( not too noticeable)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Re: antenna suggestions

Post by MDYoungblood »

Hello Sillybiscuit,
Welcome to the forum. I have always found the stealth antennas never work very well so my suggestion is a magnet mount antenna which is easily removed, the Sirio 5000 Performer or Turbo on the magnet mount is my choice.
As being a new member to the forum could you post an intro in the "Welcome to the Forum" topic, http://www.cbradiotalk.com/viewforum.php?f=89 , so others can say "Hi", thanks.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
battyice
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Handle: Robert
Antenna: Tram 1498
Radio: Uniden 980SSB

Post by battyice »

A 4' Firestick would do a fine job. Up to you if you like the appearance or not. Could also mount in a stake pocket in the box, just make sure the antenna is long enough to get up and over the cab. I have a 4' Firestick on a spring, and the performance is excellent.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Station 731, Northern NY

-Robert
443 Arizona
Mod Duck
Mod Duck
Handle: Double R
Radio: madison on 5/8 wave

Post by 443 Arizona »

well keep in mind that it always seams guys will want more and more out of their system than what was first thought.
ask yourself if you want to be a serious CBer or settle for what ever you end up with.
any system will get you around the block , and then if you want 10+ miles your into a different system.
skipshooting is a little bit of an art/science unto itself.
so you want an in-conspicuous ant.? yes a magnetic mounted small unit fits that purpose, what you have can be moved to a spot where you dont see it.
camo-paint,,, :geek: