Breaker cbradiotalk - New here from Wa.

ALA is a seller of radio frequency linear amplifiers. Linear Amplifiers significantly increase the ouput power (watts) of your radio when you are talking.

Moderators: Barracuda, JR Moderator

Radio Pig
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Radio: Galaxy DX-959
Antenna: Pigs Tail
Name: John

Breaker cbradiotalk - New here from Wa.

Post by Radio Pig » Sunday, 23 January 2011, 1:45 AM

Hi all, just joined the forum. I was online looking for a good forum and I found a few others but they didn't do anything for me until I came across this one. This forum seems to have it all going so I decided to join the rest of ya.
now a little about myself. I live up in Chattaroy, Wa. Which is located 20 north of Spokane Wa. I have been into cb radios since 1977, and back then we had to send $5.00 into the FCC to get a license and was assigned call letters. I think somewhere I still have that original license.
Anway I wanted to join good forum so that maybe i might be able to learn more and to have some fun.
When I first started into cb radios back in 1977 all we had was good ol 23 channel radios. I have had alot of radios over the years but they were just the normal 23 or the 40 channel.

But now I just bought a new Galaxy DX959 online and really looking forward to getting it. Never had a SSB radio, so I thought I would try it out. I got this one for my pickup, and if I like it enough, I am thinking of getting one in the next month or two for the house as a base station. Before I bought the Galaxy, I checked out all the SSB cb radios and from all my research in the past few weeks it looked to me that the Galaxy was one of the best out there. So it should be alot of fun playing around with it.
Anyway if anyone on the forum has any tips for me and the new Galaxy, i'm open to all suggestions and tips concerning this radio. Hopefully a pig such as myself I can learn some new tricks (hopefully).
:mrgreen:

KDDL
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Radio: All President's
Antenna: Sirio 4 element

Re: Breaker cbradiotalk - New here from Wa.

Post by KDDL » Sunday, 23 January 2011, 7:30 AM

Welcome to the forum :icon_e_smile:

Greetings from Norway :cheers:
20WR4040

414 Machine
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Radio: RCI 2990
Antenna: A-99
Name: Tim

Post by 414 Machine » Sunday, 23 January 2011, 7:44 AM

Greetings from the buckeye state! Machines a wavin!

drdx
Donor
Donor

Post by drdx » Sunday, 23 January 2011, 7:49 AM

Welcome. If you haven't noticed already on the air, your part of the country has an active operator population. There are many big operators in the NW corner. Here in North Tx they are strong when the conditions are right. You may not be local to many of them radio wise but they're out there for sure. I believe the main group up there is the Northwest Modulators. CB has changed a bunch and the club scene is all but dried up but I think that one is still quite active.

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all *Censored*, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx

Bozo
Site Admin
Site Admin
Radio: General Lee
Antenna: Monkey Made MM6
Name: James W
Cell Phone: (208) 845-0004
Referrals: 703

Post by Bozo » Sunday, 23 January 2011, 8:21 AM

welcome to the forum!
Admin - CBRT Complaints Department
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there. Be sure to tell them you saw their name on The CB Radio Talk Forum. Please use our contact us link in the menu if you are ether having registration issues, or need help with logging in. Otherwise please utilize our "Talk to Admin" forum to address your other concerns.
Support our fine sponsors!
Sign Guestbook

Radio Pig
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Radio: Galaxy DX-959
Antenna: Pigs Tail
Name: John

Post by Radio Pig » Sunday, 23 January 2011, 13:03 PM

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I don't know who gave me the Avatar photo og the pig, But it sure fits my handle! I LIke It!! Thanks!!

Bozo
Site Admin
Site Admin
Radio: General Lee
Antenna: Monkey Made MM6
Name: James W
Cell Phone: (208) 845-0004
Referrals: 703

Post by Bozo » Sunday, 23 January 2011, 14:45 PM

Radio Pig wrote:Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I don't know who gave me the Avatar photo og the pig, But it sure fits my handle! I LIke It!! Thanks!!
Mmmmmmmm! IT WASN'T ME!!!
I AM NOT GUILTY!!

drdx wrote:Welcome. If you haven't noticed already on the air, your part of the country has an active operator population. There are many big operators in the NW corner. Here in North Tx they are strong when the conditions are right. You may not be local to many of them radio wise but they're out there for sure. I believe the main group up there is the Northwest Modulators. CB has changed a bunch and the club scene is all but dried up but I think that one is still quite active.

-drdx
drdx,
Are you big into wrestling? I don't know why but your avatars scare me. HAHAHA
Admin - CBRT Complaints Department
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there. Be sure to tell them you saw their name on The CB Radio Talk Forum. Please use our contact us link in the menu if you are ether having registration issues, or need help with logging in. Otherwise please utilize our "Talk to Admin" forum to address your other concerns.
Support our fine sponsors!
Sign Guestbook

ArcAngel
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER

Post by ArcAngel » Sunday, 23 January 2011, 18:52 PM

Welcome to CBRT!!
My name is ArcAngel, and I'm a crybaby!

01Bravo92
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Radio: Royce
Antenna: FireStick
Name: Bob

Post by 01Bravo92 » Wednesday, 26 January 2011, 18:37 PM

01bravo92 10-10, wavin in the wind, SE Kansas!! 10-04
The best weapon on earth is useless without an NCO to teach you how to use it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic