HALL OF FAME: Night Crawler

Want to shout someone a friendly 4 n 1. Do it here, and put their name in the hall of fame!
Foxhunter
Donor
Donor
Radio: Fisher-Price

HALL OF FAME: Night Crawler

Post by Foxhunter »

Night Crawler.jpg

Well it's been a little bit since I've been steadily posting, but I think I'd like to take a few minutes tonight and say something about one of our members ----- Night Crawler.

I'm posting this from the points of view of a forum moderator, also as a posting forum member, and just from the view of another radio operator. Night Crawler has been posting here on the CBRT Forum for quite some time. If anyone's really taken notice, the quality and accuracy of his posts in most topic sections that he participates in, are seldomly rivaled. I know there are a good handful of other experienced guys who contribute excellent material and upload useful content to the web here. But in this instance, if I may, I'd like to comment about Night Crawler here in this thread.

I'd just like to say this. First, I personally thank him for the time he's taken to write-in on some of my own threads, and PM's, his input has always been more than welcome and greatly appreciated. And I'd say this to the many CBRT Forum readers that see this-----you won't find many people with his background and skill level, posting on an internet CB forum, anywhere. There are a few here and there, and he's certainly one. The answers given are often short, clear & concise, right to the point. No "talking in circles" not really saying anything, no useless filler, nor "answering questions with a question" etc. Information provided usually includes actual part numbers/values, links to the item needed or schematic, his interpretation of the data in plain English for the rest of us, and much more.

My post here isn't just a "pat on the back". Why not take a look around ? You know, he was a top pick by a number of others to be a CBRT Moderator ? And I can see why. Look at the extremely helpful posts and the valuable information he's given so many members here. There are others, but I'm talking about him. I can't tell anyone what to do or how to feel, what to say or write. But if you've been helped by Night Crawler or he does help you out, show some real appreciation. "Thanks!" is something you tell the cashier on the way out the door, but it's a start. Anywhere else, you'd have to pay for this kind of help in getting your rig fixed or other radio problems solved. Knowing what's wrong or what's needed is often at least half the battle. The right information saves not only time but money, and keeps you from being led down the wrong path or from getting fleeced at a local shop. If you were to go back and search Night Crawler's posts, you'll see that 99% of them are entirely well-meaning and helpful. What you can't see though, is how many PM messages the man deals/is flooded with, others writing and asking for help and everything else under the sun. There are very few members here or on any of the other forums who qualify to be able to give the advice he's given. There are some good members here, don't get me wrong. But he is one of the best. Something to think about. If you want to learn something, among some other members here posting, read---and pay attention to---Night Crawler's posts.

All the best-----Foxhunter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Slim Pickins
Donor
Donor
Handle: Slim Pickins
Call Sign: VE1PEW
Radio: Realistic Navajo 457

Re: HALL OF FAME: Night Crawler

Post by Slim Pickins »

Couldn't have said it better myself. Night Crawler has helped me immensely in the last few months with posts and PMs.
As I have said to you many times Night Crawler
Thank You

Paul
73,Slim

Insanity is hereditary......you get it from your children.
721HACKSAW
Donor
Donor

Post by 721HACKSAW »

Thank you to everyone that contributes to this great Forum. Special thanks to people like Foxhunter, Night Crawler, Linx, Bushhog, Crusher, Doc, CB Doc, ect... the useful info that has been provided has made this hobby so much more to me.
Hacksaw
BushHog
Handle: Bushhog
Radio: general lee

Post by BushHog »

Well said foxhunter, Thanks a bunch night crawler for being a valued member. Also thanks hacksaw means alot bud.
420Snowman

Post by 420Snowman »

Night Crawler has also helped me out, thanks for the great information and putting up with us mud ducks!!!

Snowman
Sheriff Bart
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Sheriff Bart »

2 thumbs up !!!

3's
The world is a cold free toilet
Big blue
Donor
Donor
Handle: Lets Do This!
Antenna: M103C & Colossal 10K
Radio: Yaesu FT990; Home Brew 3-500Z

Post by Big blue »

Nightcrawler is a great asset to our site. He has helped me out, too!
Whiskey Man
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER

Post by Whiskey Man »

I didn't realize this post was this old. Wasn't around back then or even cb'ing. But since getting into the hobby and joining this forum, Night Crawler has been a big help to me. Night Crawler, you're my Hoss if you don't never win a race!!!
Slyguy
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Antenna: Yes
Radio: Kenwood, Yaesu, Icom

Post by Slyguy »

Yep. Night Crawler is da man. Always helping people out. Great tech!
Slyguy
Zero Six Three
Sherman Texas

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaints Department
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there.
Be sure to tell them you saw their name on CBRadioTalk.
Support our fine sponsors!
drdx
Donor
Donor
Handle: dollar-98
Antenna: Many
Radio: Many-

Post by drdx »

He is a huge assett to the site. It is amazine how a poster can mention a model and a symptom and he promptly can respond with a possible diagnosis, complete with component location, on stuff that hasn't been made in decades.

I'm waiting on the official Night Crawler bobblehead soldering station to come out so my shack will be complete.

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all maul, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx
bossman327
Donor
Donor

Post by bossman327 »

I too would like to personally say thank you to Night Crawler for all his insight and knowledge that he is always so ready to give out for anyone willing to ask and learn. Thanks is not enough and we are lucky to have him as part of his awesome forum. Bossman
majorxlr8n
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Handle: Goatman473
Antenna: Sirio 2016
Radio: Stryker 955HP

Post by majorxlr8n »

I too, would like to join the group in passing along well deserved accolades to Night Crawler. Awhile back, he pm'ed me some info to help with a mod on my rig. I finally got to perform it and the mod worked! I understand he had been ill, so I hope he recovers and is still with us. We need more good folk like him around - makes the world a better place...
Marty
Base: Stryker 955HPC & 1970's Shakespeare Big Stick.
Mobile: Cobra 148GTL (all stock) with 1x2 Fatboy, Wilson 1000 mag mount. Also run a Cobra 21GTL

Gear of yesteryear: Courier Cruiser, Lafayette SSB-75, Cobra 142GTL, Browning LTD, Galaxy DX2547, HME 150 amp, KL203P amp
Draxx2755
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Post by Draxx2755 »

Nightcrawler is not only helpful, nice, and extremely knowledgeable, he always takes the high road. A true gentleman who is always willing to help. Thank you for everything Nightcrawler!