How we see it.......

Want to shout someone a friendly 4 n 1. Do it here, and put their name in the hall of fame!
MSG Robin-Sage

How we see it.......

Post by MSG Robin-Sage »

Something has been heavy on my mind so since I am allowed a small soap box I want to take the oppertunity to say it. I believe those of us here who have and do serve in the military would all agree, as I have never known a soldier who didn't. The word I want to talk about is hero............. I here this word all the time on TV, the news, in restaurants and so many other places, as I am sure all of you do. Hero .................

Not one trooper I know who has laid down his life or limb, not one who wakes screaming or sees war in their day dreams, not one who can't afford to pay his bills, not one would say that they are hero's'. If you ask them they will tell you a hero is the the man with the greasy hands turning the wrench to fix a mothers car while her husband or son is off to war, the guy hauling the load of diapers that the soldier is not there to change, the farmer working for nothing so that his family can eat while he sits quiet with his MRE of dry tasteless protein. A soldier will tell you he has seen hero's fall on the field of glory but he will fall for the guy back home who breaths in black dust from coal, frames and dry walls a new or old home, the preacher that will comfort his family if he should make the quiet trip home. Even the guy that makes his radio swing and bump. All that is required to be a real hero in our minds is for all of those people not to waste what we lay down for, what we bleed for. The Constitution is the face of our Nation the flag her blanket, freedom her only cause......... Our hero's are those that remember that we fall for them and those they love. We protect there way of life standing on walls or hiding in shadow. Some will say they never asked us to do anything...... We say they did not have to ask.................. Any one would fight for their hero's.
Seabee

Post by Seabee »

Well said Master Sergeant.