Studio Mike & mixer to clean up audio

This forum is a valuable resource for microphone information, including wiring details and more. If you need assistance with choosing a high-quality microphone for your radio, feel free to ask here.
RodinKy
Donor
Donor
Antenna: IMAX 2000/Maco Comet
Radio: DX2517 & Mark IV

Studio Mike & mixer to clean up audio

Post by RodinKy »

I like the clean, crisp sound that I hear coming from some stations so I invested a little in a device that allows me to run a studio mike through a mixer, which also has an equalizer and effects ability to try and get this great audio that I hear. The device plugs directly into my mike jack and the studio mike goes into the mixer and I can make adjustments to the sound and levels. This particular stuff is not a sponsor so if any are interested just PM me and I will give you the website.
Blue Ox2
Donor
Donor
Handle: Blue Ox
Call Sign: KC3LAV
Antenna: DR-Dipole, Copper "J"-Pole, IMax 2000, MFJ 1740, and a "Slinky" 40M dipole
Radio: President McKinley&Washington+142GTL Direct Injected by Leadfoot Labs

Re: Studio Mike & mixer to clean up audio

Post by Blue Ox2 »

RodinKy wrote: July 28th, 2017, 4:11 pm I like the clean, crisp sound that I hear coming from some stations so I invested a little in a device that allows me to run a studio mike through a mixer, which also has an equalizer and effects ability to try and get this great audio that I hear. The device plugs directly into my mike jack and the studio mike goes into the mixer and I can make adjustments to the sound and levels. This particular stuff is not a sponsor so if any are interested just PM me and I will give you the website.
Please let me know the site and I'll look through it, if still available.

Thanks and 73,

Mike

How do you do from Blue Ox2
KPA223 on the Galaxy DX 2517
American Eagle SSB Group * AE1582
The World Radio Club * 2WR1582
Lititz, PA (2013 "Coolest Small Town in America")

Grinder74
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Handle: Grinder
Call Sign: KE8EOJ
Antenna: 102"GP, 2M Yagi
Radio: Kenwood TR-751a, Yaesu FT8800, President HR2510, Uniden TRC-465, Teaberry "T" 40ch

Post by Grinder74 »

Plugging directly into the mic jack, on cb radios, has limitations. Mods would need done to the audio input circuit to utilize the full bandwidth of studio sound.
KE8EOJ
JetSetter
Handle: JetSetter/822
Antenna: 11m Dipole, PAT-12, Browning BR-28
Radio: RCI-2995DXCF

Post by JetSetter »

I do have Direct Injection instructions for the 2517 if needed.

"822" Were Alive and Kickin'
From the land of Lincoln
DevilsDen
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER
Handle: 215 Devils Den
Antenna: Siro Vector 4000/Imaxx 2000/Antron 99
Radio: IC-7300-Ranger 2950-Stryker 655-General Lee

Post by DevilsDen »

Well, I have to say this is an expensive rabbit hole. I bought the piece to connect my rig to the mixer and dynamic mic. well now 3 mic one pre amp one exciter one eq and a composer ,i can say i can always be heard at top of pack and always get flowers look into Vodoo sound and esssb audio on youtube