Mic

This forum is a valuable resource for microphone information, including wiring details and more. If you need assistance with choosing a high-quality microphone for your radio, feel free to ask here.
EZ CHOPPER
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Mic

Post by EZ CHOPPER »

I have a cobra 90 base I believe that's it and a realistic base both have 5 pins on them the funny looking ones. I want to make it in to a 4 pin when I do this I can get receive and transmit but hear no audio what am I ding wrong both radios doing the same thing. How do I fix this I'm sure there is away I'm not the only one.
sonoma
Donor
Donor
Handle: sonoma
Radio: President Washington

Re: Mic

Post by sonoma »

I have converted a few over the years but never did have this problem. are you sure the mic you are trying is working as it should. the realistic radios use a 5 pin din plug and uses only 4 wires to the radio plug from what I remember. the last one I did was a couple years ago and it was a trc-453 radio and the swap went just fine. are you sure you have the mic wired right, did you chande the plug on the mic you have etc. just make sure all is hooked up right.

here is the stock mic wiring for the realistic radio. just put them in position for the 4 pin.
Stock
1- Shield
2- N/C
3- Transmit
4- Audio
5- Receive
here is the stock wiring for the cobra 90 radio it takes 5 wires. the wires for number 2 and 4 are both ground. you will need to tie them together.it should work
Stock
1- Audio
2- Shield
3- Receive
4- Sw Com
5- Transmit
EZ CHOPPER
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by EZ CHOPPER »

I'm sure the mic is good ill go out there just a little bit and try it I had it all working right but no sound when you talk that was the only thing I couldn't figure out
jon6667
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Antenna: dipole
Radio: icom 7300

Post by jon6667 »

EZ CHOPPER
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by EZ CHOPPER »