For you Leese Neville guys...

This forum is the place to seek assistance with batteries, alternators, and charging systems.
MECHMAN
Sponsor
Sponsor

For you Leese Neville guys...

Post by MECHMAN »

We just developed a low cost, late model conversion kit for "Pad" mount and "T" mount Leese Neville alternators on big trucks. It puts a late model Ford Diesel unit in place of your "boat anchor" Leese Neville. Leese's can be pretty durable, but they have lousy cooling, and were designed over 40 years ago. Our new kit does 270 amps with over 180+ amps at idle.(depending on the size of the crank pulley) Our custom solid copper rectifier, oversized terminals, and high efficiency twin internal fans allow this smaller, more efficient unit to stay cool at this amperage level.

Best of all, our 100% brand new (not remanufactured) made in the USA kit is only $499 complete. (Most big Leese units are $700+ for a reman unit) Best of all, the alternator portion can be replaced for only $399, and can also be serviced by just about any standard alternator shop.

Call us for all your high output alternator and battery needs !!
[/u][/size]

1 - 888 - MECHMAN
outlaw0814
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Radio: Galaxy 959

Re: For you Leese Neville guys...

Post by outlaw0814 »

pretty nifty-- ill have to show that to my boss he may be interested in some of those for our wreckers
galaxy 959 mostly stock
575m6 mike
mod V 150
imax w/4ft francis
StinkyFinger
Super Mud-Duck
Super Mud-Duck
Handle: StinkyFinger or Izzy
Radio: RCI-2950 TNT 600+

Post by StinkyFinger »

Mechman, is this something that can be adapted to use on a 4.7L Dakota? I really want to go bigger than this 136amp stock alt that I have. I understand I may have to go with an external regulator and am OK with that if need be.

I'd prefer not to go with an additional alt due to the removal of the filter box, the crafting of a bracket to hold a 2nd alt and the forever search for a serpentine belt long enough to fit. Replacing my stock with something like this interests me more.

Educate me O'wiseone
linearone
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by linearone »

MECHMAN wrote: Our new kit does 270 amps with over 180+ amps at idle.(depending on the size of the crank pulley) Our custom solid copper rectifier, oversized terminals, and high efficiency twin internal fans allow this smaller, more efficient unit to stay cool at this amperage level.
a factory built (not hot rodded/customized small alt) from LEECE NEVILLE part number 4890jb will produce 180 amps at idle and 320 at 2200 engine rpm (give or take figuring for pulley diameter)

thats tough to beat in a WARRANTED from a big nationwide factory built with support at any leece neville dealer across the country using standard off the shelf parts, not custom units hard to source...
Its CB radio, plug and play technology, its just not that hard folks...
dragline
Donor
Donor
Handle: Dragline
Radio: connex

Post by dragline »

and that LEECE NEVILLE 4890jb... just for kicks and giggles... refresh out memory on how many dollars (U.S.) it takes to purchase one of these units.
jessejamesdallas
Donor
Donor
Handle: Jesse James Dallas
Radio: working

Post by jessejamesdallas »

dragline wrote:and that LEECE NEVILLE 4890jb... just for kicks and giggles... refresh out memory on how many dollars (U.S.) it takes to purchase one of these units.
Hold on to your Hat Fred!.......Are ya ready?...........Try......

$1569.43!

The Good thing is...This is a Discounted price from a regular list price of $3114.26! :icon_e_surprised:
http://www.ase-supply.com/pro ... 4890jb.htm

Hummmmmmm...........Got some Gold ya need to sell?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
dragline
Donor
Donor

Post by dragline »

wholly smokes!!! wow!!! probably 499.00 and a little less amps sounds good. even better make a bracket and then 2x499.00 and you've got more amps and still less money....

just my opinion and we all know how opinions are...
StinkyFinger
Super Mud-Duck
Super Mud-Duck
Handle: StinkyFinger or Izzy
Radio: RCI-2950 TNT 600+

Post by StinkyFinger »

GEEE, I'll take 4, lemme get the money out of my front pocket here.

jessejamesdallas wrote:
dragline wrote:and that LEECE NEVILLE 4890jb... just for kicks and giggles... refresh out memory on how many dollars (U.S.) it takes to purchase one of these units.
Hold on to your Hat Fred!.......Are ya ready?...........Try......

$1569.43!

The Good thing is...This is a Discounted price from a regular list price of $3114.26! :icon_e_surprised:
http://www.ase-supply.com/pro ... 4890jb.htm

Hummmmmmm...........Got some Gold ya need to sell?
dragline
Donor
Donor

Post by dragline »

Got a copy on that much money just in your front pocket! I have some pockets if you run out of room for all that money lol.