What do YOU run in the mobile?

If you need help or advice on setting up a mobile, this forum is the perfect place to ask.
Andrewl62
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Radio: Cobra 29 LTD

Re: What do YOU run in the mobile?

Post by Andrewl62 »

Mobil unit has been changed since my last post. now I run a Galaxy DX55HP with roof mount Wilson 5000.
Works real nice.

My personal radio Cobra 29 LTD night Watch Removed RFX-75 installed Mosfet finals
Wilson 1000
Super Star 122 using as Base 120 channels and don't have any idea what to do with them!
blckshprls
Donor
Donor
Antenna: Predator 10K
Radio: Galaxy 979

Post by blckshprls »

:icon_e_geek: Right now I'm running the new 257HP into a 10K.
Magnum S45HP
Galaxy 979
Cobra 29 LTD Classic
Antron 99
Predator 10K
Fatman0247
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Antenna: Coat Hanger
Radio: Yaesu FT 101EX

Post by Fatman0247 »

In my powerstroke i have a galaxy dx949 and a boomer deluxe 250 with a Predator 10k on the tool box. in my dump truck i have a cobra 29 with a KL400 through a Wilson 5000. Both with Diesel Mic's
"Height is Might"

2WR1247

1247 With the CBRT Wave!
bigb
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER

Post by bigb »

magnum s-6,texas star 500 and a predator 10k. Can talk just about where I want to around here anyway! Coming soon Expert Electronics 1000 hgh drive. Ford F-350 Deisel Mobil. (after it comes backfrom body shop, lots of hail damage fromlast storm!)
jim-6477
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER
Antenna: road ranger
Radio: cobra 148 gtl

Post by jim-6477 »

In the big truck is a cobra 148 gtl into a K40 big coil whip.
BettleBailey
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Post by BettleBailey »

In 98 Dodge 3500
Galaxy 959
astatic mobile max (first Gen)
Cobra power mic.
Wilson 500

Also have 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4
Cobra 29ltd (circa 1989)
Astatic Mobile Max (Also First Gen)
Stock mic.
with 102 SS Whip. Bracketed from under rear bumper.
Sorry wont let me post no pics :icon_rolleyes:
trip6ram
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Antenna: Firestik 4'
Radio: Galaxy DX-959

Post by trip6ram »

By the end of the week it'll be the Galaxy DX-959 I ordered Monday morning. It'll replace the Cobra 29 NH ST that'll go in for some work and become a temprary base.
373 in the SouthEast Key----Flourtown to Mount Pocono
trip6ram
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by trip6ram »

New radio came in today and was promptly mounted. I'll try to get some daylight pics up later.
crazydiamond
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Handle: crazy diamond
Antenna: Antron 99
Radio: Galaxy DX 2527

Post by crazydiamond »

trip6ram wrote:New radio came in today and was promptly mounted. I'll try to get some daylight pics up later.
Sweet....nice radio!
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
trip6ram
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by trip6ram »

Thanks. FWIW, I am now planning to upgrade the antenna. I think I'd be much happier replacing the Firestik with a Wilson 1000 like I had previously. The 'Stik really loses alot of performance when I'm parked at work between a tractor, a trailer and the building. The Wilson never really had such prblems.
trip6ram
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by trip6ram »

Here's the 959 with the rest of my "Mobile command center". The laptop is used for mapping/gps and and some point will be tied in to an APRS setup. It's an Itronix GoBook II ruggedized (mil-spec) laptop that can be found on 3bay fairly cheap, runs XP and has wireless built in. Oh, and a touchscreen, which helps in pulling up maps while mobile. Also shown attached to the dash bezel is my FDC FD-160a 2 meter HT. This is all in my 2001 Dodge Ram 2500.

Last edited by trip6ram on May 22nd, 2011, 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
BobCB
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Antenna: A99, Browning BR-140
Radio: Cobra 25LTD(varies)

Post by BobCB »

I don't run anything now. My mobile got totaled by a DUI driver.
854/BigDog in Central Alabama
Sporty Mike
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Antenna: S.S. 102 / Maco V5/8
Radio: Alot of 'em!!

Post by Sporty Mike »

My current mobile setup is a Sparky tuned Cobra 29 Army Strong with a S.S. 102.

Mike
Redbeard 759 , your non profit Prophet from the 'Bam!!!
trip6ram
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by trip6ram »

BobCB wrote:I don't run anything now. My mobile got totaled by a DUI driver.
Dude, that sucks! Hopefully you're ok and insurance will take care of everything :icon_rolleyes:
BobCB
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by BobCB »

trip6ram wrote:
Dude, that sucks! Hopefully you're ok and insurance will take care of everything :icon_rolleyes:
Thanks. It wasn't me, it was my parents who were driving it at the time. Drunk guy turned in front of them and the rest is history.

Thankfully everyone was alright, but my 04 Mercury Sable is a goner. Will post pics when I get another mobile up and running. Hopefully in another month or so. :rambo:

This pic doesn't show all of the damage, but the hood is crumpled, and after the inital impact the other car spun around so that its rear end smashed the rear driver's side door of our car in to where it can't be opened. The second impact also bent the rear fender in so that its about 1/4 of an inch away from the rear tire causing it to scrape on just about any bump you hit. Nationwide declared it a write-off yesterday.

Here's how much of a loser the drunk guy was: unemployed, driving his dad's car, with a BAC of .15%, at 6 o'clock on a Sunday afternoon, on Mother's Day. Yeah, a real winner.
Joker-Dave
Donor
Donor
Radio: 99V

Post by Joker-Dave »

trip6ram wrote:Here's the 959 with the rest of my "Mobile command center". The laptop is used for mapping/gps and and some point will be tied in to an APRS setup. It's an Itronix GoBook II ruggedized (mil-spec) laptop that can be found on 3bay fairly cheap, runs XP and has wireless built in. Also shown attached to the dash bezel is my FDC FD-160a 2 meter HT. This is all in my 2001 Dodge Ram 2500.

That's quite a setup! How do you have your radio mounted? And what kind of mount is that for the computer? :joker:
Dave, AKA Joker, AKA JeeperCreeper on http://www.itsajeep.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; AKA Scared on other forums and Xbox 360 sittin back, relaxin and listenin
trip6ram
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by trip6ram »

Joker-Dave wrote:
trip6ram wrote:
That's quite a setup! How do you have your radio mounted? And what kind of mount is that for the computer? :joker:
Thanks, Joker. The Galaxy is on a mount from Geno's Garage made for the second-gen Ram. The laptop is on a mount from a local Company that sells on eBay-mobilelaptopmounts.com. It needs to be braced, maybe, because the GoBook is a heavy unit. Pretty happy with it overall. I run the comp off of a power inverter since the battery is pretty much shot. Also, I'll be running "Overland Navigator" software from Spatial Minds once I get the funds, basically turning the laptop into a big GPS that'll cover the "off the beaten path" areas as well as roads.
http://spatialminds.com/Overl ... TM05D0.htm

And some info on the laptop:
http://www.itronix.com/produc ... bookii.asp
Last edited by trip6ram on May 22nd, 2011, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
trip6ram
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by trip6ram »

BobCB wrote:
trip6ram wrote:
Thanks. It wasn't me, it was my parents who were driving it at the time. Drunk guy turned in front of them and the rest is history.

Thankfully everyone was alright, but my 04 Mercury Sable is a goner. Will post pics when I get another mobile up and running. Hopefully in another month or so. :rambo:

This pic doesn't show all of the damage, but the hood is crumpled, and after the inital impact the other car spun around so that its rear end smashed the rear driver's side door of our car in to where it can't be opened. The second impact also bent the rear fender in so that its about 1/4 of an inch away from the rear tire causing it to scrape on just about any bump you hit. Nationwide declared it a write-off yesterday.

Here's how much of a loser the drunk guy was: unemployed, driving his dad's car, with a BAC of .15%, at 6 o'clock on a Sunday afternoon, on Mother's Day. Yeah, a real winner.
I'm glad the 'rents are ok. Seems to always be the way, doesn't it? Some drunk that seems to have it in for himself ends up taking it out on someone else. I had a friend from highschool whose parents were both killed by a drunk driver while she was away at college. They had gone out to dinner with friends and never made it back.
Hopefully the leach was insured and you'll all be compensated for the car.
Joker-Dave
Donor
Donor
Radio: 99V

Post by Joker-Dave »

trip6ram wrote:
Joker-Dave wrote:
trip6ram wrote:
Thanks, Joker. The Galaxy is on a mount from Geno's Garage made for the second-gen Ram. The laptop is on a mount from a local Company that sells on eBay-mobilelaptopmounts.com. It needs to be braced, maybe, because the GoBook is a heavy unit. Pretty happy with it overall. I run the comp off of a power inverter since the battery is pretty much shot. Also, I'll be running "Overland Navigator" software from Spatial Minds once I get the funds, basically turning the laptop into a big GPS that'll cover the "off the beaten path" areas as well as roads.

Cool, I just looked up that CB mount and it's $59 from that place, which seems kind of high. Is it pretty sturdy? I have an 05 Ram and I put my radio on a pedestal mount but it isn't sturdy so I had to put a bungee cord around it to keep it from flopping forward when I come to a stop.
Dave, AKA Joker, AKA JeeperCreeper on http://www.itsajeep.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; AKA Scared on other forums and Xbox 360 sittin back, relaxin and listenin
trip6ram
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by trip6ram »

Joker-Dave wrote:
trip6ram wrote:
Joker-Dave wrote:
trip6ram wrote:

Cool, I just looked up that CB mount and it's $59 from that place, which seems kind of high. Is it pretty sturdy? I have an 05 Ram and I put my radio on a pedestal mount but it isn't sturdy so I had to put a bungee cord around it to keep it from flopping forward when I come to a stop.
Yeah, the radio mount is very sturdy. I've had it for over three years with three different radios on it and never a problem. You may have to enlarge one of the mounting holes (at least on the gen-2 models that was the case) and you have to drill the holes for the radio bracket-understandable since different mounts require different holes. But yeah, I'm very happy with it and feel it was worth the price. And I have the confidence that my radio isn't going anywhere regardless of driving conditions.
BobCB
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by BobCB »

trip6ram wrote:
BobCB wrote:
trip6ram wrote:

I'm glad the 'rents are ok. Seems to always be the way, doesn't it? Some drunk that seems to have it in for himself ends up taking it out on someone else. I had a friend from highschool whose parents were both killed by a drunk driver while she was away at college. They had gone out to dinner with friends and never made it back.
Hopefully the leach was insured and you'll all be compensated for the car.
Thankfully, and surprisingly, he was insured. No telling what kind of car we'll wind up with next, but rest assured it will have a CB in it! :icon_e_smile:
cbgus
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER
Handle: Predicador
Call Sign: EA4IN
Radio: Alan 9001

Post by cbgus »

i have , alan 9001 , mic xtr 2018 , astatic mobile max , rm kl 500 and my antenna sirio turbo 5000. ( in a short future , predator 10k)

I don,t know how to put pictures?

gretings from spain.

Gus
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

I old school, I had a E.F. Johnson Viking 4740 but it is under repair at this time so I am running a Pearce Simpson Tiger Mark ll that was converted to 40 channel in Jan of 1977 and a 102" whip or a 7' skipshooter on the back of my pickup. There is something connected in between but it is experimental and will show it when its right.
Image Image Image Image

Click on the pics for a closer look.

73's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
SR798
Mud-Duck Jr.
Mud-Duck Jr.
Antenna: predator 10K
Radio: cobra 148F and 2000

Post by SR798 »

I'm new to the site and I just discovered this thread/post.
I run a '91 Philippines Cobra 148GTL (bought it in 11th grade). A year ago my friend modded it and put a 148F head on it so I now call it the 148PGTLF. It's hooked up to a Tstar 667V. The last touch is a Predator 10K dual coil.
mdavis735
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Post by mdavis735 »

I have a CRE 8900 with a Palomar 250 in the jeep. Antenna is a Road Ranger on a home made spare tire mount. I just got my Arizona Rocky Road mount today. That will get the coils above the fiberglass roof and feed point above the metal body. In the peterbilt I have a Magnum S45HP with a Road Ranger antenna on the grab bar above the back window on the cab. In the closet I have a cobra 29 ltd chrome with rfx-75 and rf limited trb-x2 and a cobra 148 gtl st. The 148 is the first piece to my hifi base experiment.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358923996.959232.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358924045.893197.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358924067.626935.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.