Silver Streak 175

This is the forum for asking questions about linear amplifiers or power supplies.
poca6
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Silver Streak 175

Post by poca6 »

I have a Silver Streak 175 that belongs to a friend of mine. He was using it and the low power stopped working. I opened the case and found a resistor flopping around inside. I can't seem to locate where it goes back to. If anyone has one or a schematic for it, please let me know where it goes. send a link, email or photo of the inside. Thanks in advance.
sonoma
Donor
Donor
Handle: sonoma
Radio: President Washington

Re: Silver Streak 175

Post by sonoma »

here is a link to cbtricks amp manuals. just look for one that is about like yours. most amps are about the same inside.

http://www.cbtricks.com/Amp/index.htm
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

This is the only pic of a 175 I can find, hope it's the one, no pics of the inside to be found,
It kind of resembles the RM Italy models so I would start with them. Make a few more posts and you will be able to include pics with your post, start by making a post here, http://www.cbradiotalk.com/viewforum.php?f=89 .

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
Crusher
Donor
Donor
Handle: Crusher
Radio: Cobra 29

Post by Crusher »

The resistor is either in series with line or goes to ground somewhere. That amp only needs a 2w carrier/ dead key max. Single final radio only and maybe 15w pep input drive. Some of those older ones like the silver streak or silver bullet amps used stud mounted transistors not flange type like the more common SD1446 or 2sc2879. Those stud mount types cost as much or more than a Toshiba 2879. Be careful or he could have an expensive doorstop.
dgbacb4148
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Antenna: shakespere Big Stick
Radio: Uniden Washington

Post by dgbacb4148 »

:bounce: Below is a link for @ least a photo and contact, maybe you could call them for what your looking for, good luck, hope this helps.
David g. :cheers:

http://web.archive.org/web/20 ... eak175.jpg

AKA Southwind,Tripple Nickel, DX 555. Base station Uniden Washington Philippines made/ D-104 Tug 9/ Silver Streak 150/ Pyramid Gold Series Variable 26 amp through "Old Reliable Shakespeare Big Stick"... Mobile- Cobra 25, NMO Firestik. USAF 1959-1963/ Andrews AFB, 1001st Transportation Squadron, Maryland, home of AIR FORCE ONE. John F. Kennedy Presidential Innaguration parade 1961.
sonoma
Donor
Donor
Handle: sonoma
Radio: President Washington

Post by sonoma »

you said the low is not working, more than likely the resister hooks to the hi and low power switch. some builders put resisters on the switch to drop your power out. you said the resister was floating around in side. was one end of it hooked to some thing inside the radio. if so that will give you one leg hooked up. a pic would sure help out to see inside. if you could take a picture and email it to one of us we could post it for you