separate or larger "Equipment Owned" area needed..

Want to suggest a group, or additional features for site?

Moderators: Bozo, JR Moderator

Foxhunter
Donor
Donor
Radio: Fisher-Price
Referrals: 1

separate or larger "Equipment Owned" area needed..

Post by Foxhunter » Saturday, 26 July 2008, 10:57 AM

First off------great site and the moderators & administrators are doing an EXCELLENT job and often go out of their way to help Forum members out.

Hey guys---I wanted to post here in the "Suggestion" thread about this. In our "User/Member Profile" area we have a pretty SMALL area to list our equipment and such.

And that would be fine for "our top picks/pieces" we own to list------but that's all. I realize that it appears in the sidebar along with our avatars when we post, so size/content is limited there.

But-----how about another link in our profile (similar to our personal photo gallery) that ourselves & others might view/list all of our equipment ? I know that some of our members are casual CBer's but MANY of our guys are real enthusiasts, and have quite a few: base & mobile / vintage & antique / CB radio's / Ham radio's / amplifiers / meters / antenna's / towers / test and technical equipment / books & manuals..............and other related gear.

It is obvious that we like / love radio's, and all that's related ! Please give us an area that we can continue to add to------as our private collections grow. We may list "equipment currently owned" as well as perhaps (sadly :cry: ) what we "used to" own.

Please consider this, it would really be a good option for us and much needed ! I have some really nice radio's and equipment, and would like to "display" them in a equipment listing format. Soon when I finish my home station I will be adding pic's.

You could ask our other members and I'm sure MANY guys would like to show off "what they got". Would you guys be willing to consider the suggestion ?----------Lee aka Foxhunter

I Remember

beebuzzbee
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by beebuzzbee » Saturday, 26 July 2008, 12:22 PM

FH,

I think you have too many radio stuff, instead of increase the list area, you should send some my way : )

PRO151
Donor
Donor

Post by PRO151 » Saturday, 26 July 2008, 14:22 PM

List it in your Signature area?

Radio: The Original Wireless Communication.
Exellence is Expected.
Perfection will be Tolerated.
We must all Agree to Disagree Agreeably.

Black Dog 151, North Alabama. 1, 10, 15, 19 & 26

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff87 ... 1%20Shack/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff87 ... %20Radios/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Phaze91460
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Phaze91460 » Saturday, 26 July 2008, 14:29 PM

beebuzzbee wrote:FH,

I think you have too many radio stuff, instead of increase the list area, you should send some my way : )
lol, or mine !

we keep the signature area and the equip owned area short because it posts on each and every post you have ever made or are making. If we allowed it any larger and each post, even if you only said "Kewl" would be large and harder to get through so many of those. We have had that problem in the past.

On the profile side though, that might be possible. We will look into that.
Image Image

Foxhunter
Donor
Donor
Radio: Fisher-Price

Post by Foxhunter » Saturday, 26 July 2008, 16:35 PM

Phaze91460 wrote:
beebuzzbee wrote:FH,

lol, or mine !

we keep the signature area and the equip owned area short because it posts on each and every post you have ever made or are making. If we allowed it any larger and each post, even if you only said "Kewl" would be large and harder to get through so many of those. We have had that problem in the past.

On the profile side though, that might be possible. We will look into that.

Phaze91460-------YES----on the user-profile side would be GREAT and that's what I am asking. Thanks I hope you all will look into doing us that favor, please do.

Beebuzzbee-------You'd need a "Atlas Van Lines" moving truck to get it all to 'ya. $$$ :cry:

Pro151-------They only allow 150 individual characters in the signature section. I've got nearly that many things :wink:

I Remember

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic