Canada Section

Want to suggest a group, or additional features for site?

Moderators: Bozo, JR Moderator

Canadian Section?

yes
40%
no
60%

Total votes: 20

ec632bigfoot
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Canada Section

Post by ec632bigfoot » Wednesday, 19 March 2008, 17:02 PM

Hey I know this has already been posted about regional forums but i was just wondering if we could just get one spot for Canada members..... where they can introduce each other...meet other Canadians ....i think it would be a great idea to increase Canadian members to the forum.
Last edited by ec632bigfoot on Wednesday, 19 March 2008, 17:21 PM, edited 2 times in total.
632 Bigfoot Stomping Down On The Eastern Coast Of Canada!

TREMEK
Mud-Duck Sr.
Mud-Duck Sr.

Post by TREMEK » Wednesday, 19 March 2008, 17:13 PM

That could work if there is enough Canadians here.

I Canadian for sale section or venders if there are any :)

ec632bigfoot
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by ec632bigfoot » Wednesday, 19 March 2008, 17:18 PM

TREMEK wrote:That could work if there is enough Canadians here.

I Canadian for sale section or venders if there are any :)
And if theres enough, you never know the forum might pick up a Canadian sponsor

Maverick
Donor
Donor
Home Phone: 719-216-1734
Referrals: 1

Post by Maverick » Wednesday, 19 March 2008, 17:43 PM

I think that's a good idea. Canada is probably second to the US in membership, then the UK maybe? I'm just taking a wild guess.
Catch ya' Later Modulator!

minitrucker
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by minitrucker » Wednesday, 19 March 2008, 17:47 PM

i think its a great idea !!!!!! i love this forum and im sure other canadians will too !

poboy309
Donor
Donor
Radio: Grant lt
Antenna: 102" whip

Post by poboy309 » Wednesday, 19 March 2008, 18:24 PM

Why not? I'm sure it could come in handy especially in the for sale section.
Uniden Grant LT barefoot mobile with a 102" whip.
President Lincoln "base" in the garage with a home made horizontal dipole.
36 - 40 lsb
RC 309 in hellinois.

Shaft
Donor
Donor
Radio: SWP General Lee
Antenna: Predator 10k
Name: Bryan
Referrals: 2

Post by Shaft » Wednesday, 19 March 2008, 19:41 PM

That makes about as much sense as having a Texas only section. After all there are more Texans here than any other state or country.

I voted NO.
A CB'er and his money are soon parted.

:ncool: :ncool: :ncool: :ncool: :ncool:

Bozo
Site Admin
Site Admin
Radio: General Lee
Antenna: Monkey Made MM6
Name: James W
Cell Phone: (208) 845-0004
Referrals: 707

Post by Bozo » Wednesday, 19 March 2008, 21:45 PM

Shaft wrote:That makes about as much sense as having a Texas only section. After all there are more Texans here than any other state or country.

I voted NO.
That sounded a little harsh... I don't think it was his intent though guys...

We do have memberships from a variety of countries... I really think that we have enough forums on the site already, but it was a good idea... maybe in the future... thanks for the suggestion though, admin/mods will discuss a little more...
Admin - CBRT Complaints Department
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there. Be sure to tell them you saw their name on The CB Radio Talk Forum. Please use our contact us link in the menu if you are ether having registration issues, or need help with logging in. Otherwise please utilize our "Talk to Admin" forum to address your other concerns.
Support our fine sponsors!
Sign Guestbook

Shaft
Donor
Donor

Post by Shaft » Wednesday, 19 March 2008, 22:33 PM

Bozo wrote:
Shaft wrote:That makes about as much sense as having a Texas only section. After all there are more Texans here than any other state or country.

I voted NO.
That sounded a little harsh... I don't think it was his intent though guys...
Oh no! I didn't mean that in any kind of harsh way, but I do see how it could be taken as that. Please accept my apology if anyone took any offense to that. My thoughts are pretty much the same as Bozo's in that we do have enough sections on the forum already.

The intent of my statement was that if we start a Canadian section, then we'll have to have a UK section, and then a Texas section, and then a Idaho section, and so forth. We wouldn't want to leave anyone out, right?

Feel free to start threads that are aimed at Canadian members. I think you can do everything you mentioned with the sections we already had.

Dakota
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by Dakota » Wednesday, 19 March 2008, 23:01 PM

I voted NO.
Shaft does have a point though...there are more Texans there in Texas than, say, in Idaho. And I don't think there are that many Texans in Canada or the U.K. Sorry Shaft, I just had to. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maverick
Donor
Donor
Home Phone: 719-216-1734

Post by Maverick » Wednesday, 19 March 2008, 23:26 PM

I still think it's a good idea, but now that I think about it adding a region-specific area would require a total re-formatting of the forum. Not very feasible.
And shaft makes a very good point about Texas.
Catch ya' Later Modulator!

Bozo
Site Admin
Site Admin
Radio: General Lee
Antenna: Monkey Made MM6
Name: James W
Cell Phone: (208) 845-0004
Referrals: 707

Post by Bozo » Thursday, 20 March 2008, 0:34 AM

Maverick wrote:I still think it's a good idea, but now that I think about it adding a region-specific area would require a total re-formatting of the forum. Not very feasible.
i think it would be a good idea also, but like shaft said... you add one... then every state, country would want to have their own section...
Admin - CBRT Complaints Department
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there. Be sure to tell them you saw their name on The CB Radio Talk Forum. Please use our contact us link in the menu if you are ether having registration issues, or need help with logging in. Otherwise please utilize our "Talk to Admin" forum to address your other concerns.
Support our fine sponsors!
Sign Guestbook

binrat
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Post by binrat » Thursday, 20 March 2008, 5:13 AM

Bozo wrote:
Maverick wrote:I still think it's a good idea, but now that I think about it adding a region-specific area would require a total re-formatting of the forum. Not very feasible.
i think it would be a good idea also, but like shaft said... you add one... then every state, country would want to have their own section...
Another forum that I belong to have the areas broken down like, South West, central, North east, Canada, Europe etc. That makes for less forums, but still easy to find.

Just my $.02

Binrat

ec632bigfoot
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by ec632bigfoot » Thursday, 20 March 2008, 13:35 PM

I didn't mien a whole new forum i just mean add one section . we have misc chat, suggestions , ........... just add a Canada one but i do understand what you guys mean .....one person gets something, they all want it lol it was worth a try , Thanks for your input!
I'll start a thread for Canadians ...not sure witch section? Any ideas?

Phaze91460
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Phaze91460 » Friday, 21 March 2008, 8:11 AM

Dakota wrote:
I voted NO.
Shaft does have a point though...there are more Texans there in Texas than, say, in Idaho. And I don't think there are that many Texans in Canada or the U.K. Sorry Shaft, I just had to. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually, there are more Registered members from Georgia.

Texas comes a close second.
Image Image

drdx
Donor
Donor

Post by drdx » Friday, 21 March 2008, 8:52 AM

I don't know about you guys, but unless I'm starting a topic, or on a fact finding mission, I just look at the top recently posted and go from there. I can honestly say I don't remember where the stick pin map is, but it is very cool, and to me the best way to discover fellow operators of geographical interest. I wouldn't be offended by a Canadian section in the name of trade, but I don't see much benefit in it if you're on here regularly and pay attention. Then again, I live in the center of the radio universe, 75070 USA, where my signal is craved and fathers constantly call for me to set their family's swr by fathering their next offspring. EDITED IN: I FOUND THE MAP! -drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all *Censored*, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx

binrat
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Post by binrat » Friday, 21 March 2008, 8:58 AM

drdx wrote:............Then again, I live in the center of the radio universe, 75070 USA, where my signal is craved and fathers constantly call for me to set their family's swr by fathering their next offspring. EDITED IN: I FOUND THE MAP! -drdx
Hmmm, sky is purple too? :wink:

binrat

lonesome 500
Donor
Donor

Post by lonesome 500 » Friday, 21 March 2008, 11:01 AM

it is already difficult enough finding and answering radio questions as the forum sits now...with over 45 posts an hour and many many sections to search for info "already" posted

as already posted.....i think region specific would be too much....there are already enough region specific forums out

since "Radio" id not region specific .nor should this

littlesilver3
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by littlesilver3 » Monday, 24 March 2008, 19:00 PM

Being a fellow canadian i like the idea. but i have to agree with some of the members, if you have a canadian section why not have a UK section and a section for every state.

PRO151
Donor
Donor

Post by PRO151 » Monday, 24 March 2008, 19:25 PM

littlesilver3 wrote:Being a fellow canadian i like the idea. but i have to agree with some of the members, if you have a canadian section why not have a UK section and a section for every state.
You got that right! Me and the others from Alabama would start screaming for the creation of the "Redneck" section if you started that. :)

Radio: The Original Wireless Communication.
Exellence is Expected.
Perfection will be Tolerated.
We must all Agree to Disagree Agreeably.

Black Dog 151, North Alabama. 1, 10, 15, 19 & 26

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff87 ... 1%20Shack/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff87 ... %20Radios/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shaft
Donor
Donor

Post by Shaft » Tuesday, 25 March 2008, 20:29 PM

PRO151 wrote:
littlesilver3 wrote:Being a fellow canadian i like the idea. but i have to agree with some of the members, if you have a canadian section why not have a UK section and a section for every state.
You got that right! Me and the others from Alabama would start screaming for the creation of the "Redneck" section if you started that. :)
This whole forum is a redneck section! :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic