Cobra 25 29 Rec. alignment

Just any other questions that you don't see a forum for? Go ahead and post here.
LION EYES
Donor
Donor
Handle: Uncle Fester
Antenna: I-Max 2000
Radio: Realistic 457

Cobra 25 29 Rec. alignment

Post by LION EYES »

Hi, looking for some clarification on receive alignment. I have a Bk 2040 ,1040 and scope setup and alignment instructions have a 25LTD classic hooked up now . per instr. inject signal and run through pots and max them out down the line should any of these (L1-L9) be gone back to to reduce noise or backed up to a certain level. seems something not right with maxing out L3 in I've been diving in deep into learning because there in no one in the area working on radio' s Great Winter Hobby I have schematics and can sorta tell where they are in the chain but not enough experience to know exactly what each one effects. I had the generator tone honed in the scope and could see sine wave getting flat peeks I can see distortion on the signal but not sure what I'm really trying to achieve any help or info would be appreciated Thanks
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Re: Cobra 25 29 Rec. alignment

Post by MDYoungblood »

When adjusting the RX you are injecting a curtain amount of signal into the receive section, the components in that section transform it into a readable signal. I can't tell you what all the loads do or if actually all are needed in the circuit. For the receive adjustments it is only L1 thru 7, not 9.
You will find the specs for the radio on the web.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
LION EYES
Donor
Donor
Handle: Uncle Fester
Antenna: I-Max 2000
Radio: Realistic 457

Post by LION EYES »

Thanks for the reply Mr Youngblood A few things I discovered since I posted was a conversion from watts (on my test meter) to volts (quoted on the alignment instr. The first radio I went through 29 chrome that I was listening to while doing the 25 has a bad speaker in it. when I hook up ext spkr its much better. Made me say what the crap is that noise I see why the only one with wax in it was L2 sensitive little bugger it is. correct on no L9 it was L19 I was thinking of. Gonna give it another spin and see if I can learn some more 73's
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

LION EYES wrote: August 21st, 2017, 4:56 pm Thanks for the reply Mr Youngblood A few things I discovered since I posted was a conversion from watts (on my test meter) to volts (quoted on the alignment instr. The first radio I went through 29 chrome that I was listening to while doing the 25 has a bad speaker in it. when I hook up ext spkr its much better. Made me say what the crap is that noise I see why the only one with wax in it was L2 sensitive little bugger it is. correct on no L9 it was L19 I was thinking of. Gonna give it another spin and see if I can learn some more 73's

Practice makes perfect. The wax was to make it hard for someone to toy with, not to keep the load from changing it's setting. When you get into these newer radios you will find globs of hot glue being used.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department