Image

I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some woods

Just any other questions that you don't see a forum for. Go ahead and post here.

Moderator: JR Moderator

User avatar
Squirrel 14
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Posts: 25
Joined: Wednesday, 21 September 2016, 17:40 PM
Location: Tampa, Florida

I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some woods

Post by Squirrel 14 » Wednesday, 21 September 2016, 18:32 PM

So i was walking through some woods nearby and spotted a reflection up in a oak tree. I walked up to it and saw a solar panel and black box, zip tied to a limb, 20 feet up. See picture gallery in link .
I manage to get them down and open the case. I am somewhat technically minded and figured out the function of everything:
The solar panel trickle charges the battery.
The battery is wired to the white programmable time switch.
The switch is wired to a standard DC power plug, which plugs into the radio.
The PTT is held down / open with zip ties.

A set of soldered batteries are wired directly to the motherboard of a small mp3 player, including a 2gb SD card.
Plugged into the audio jack is a tiny speaker.
This tiny speaker was duck taped over the microphone piece.

On the SD card was audio recordings of threats and name calling to some rival backwoods group. There was also the 80's song that goes "it always feels like somebody's watching me" as well as Mexican polka music.

A few weeks later i found another one less than 200 yards from the other. Exact same build and audio files.

I know I stole someone else's equipment,and that's not a thing i ever do, FYI.

Question: Have y'all ever seen or heard or thought of any kind of device like this? Are there feuds between CB groups? Is the only purpose of it to piss someone off?

Edit: I'm not allowed to post an imgur link to show you the photos, can anyone help that?


User avatar
MDYoungblood
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7316
Joined: Saturday, 12 June 2010, 19:05 PM
Logged in via: iPad
Radio: Uniden Washington
Antenna: Avanti Sigma II
Name: Greg
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by MDYoungblood » Thursday, 22 September 2016, 6:49 AM

Hello Squirrel 14,
Welcome to the forum. First let me say I would like to see pics of your find but as a new member you can't, but it will come in time and post count, with a post like this it won't be long. Second, you could post an intro in the "Welcome to the Forum" topic, viewforum.php?f=89" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , so others can say "Hi", thanks.
Now this thing you found and you say a second one sounds quite elaborate, undoubtedly it's is to plug someone's ears. Back in the 23 channel days we would just tape an AM transistor radio to an old walkie talkie and plant it close to the persons house, batteries would die in a day or too. This jammer was built by someone with some skills. What channel were the radios set to? What kind of antenna do they have?
Finding these on private property would make it stealing, public property not so much as a person would have to admit ownership.

3's

Greg
ImageImageImage


"321, the Middle of Maryland"

23 AM "WORLD Image WIDE" 38 LSB

Strong Supporter of America's Original Homeland Security Act
The Second Amendment


Base
Uniden Washington
Mobile
Texas Ranger TR-696FD1C
Handheld
Maxon HCB-40WX
Antennas
Avanti Sigma II
Homemade Full Wave Loop
Homemade 1/2 wave Dipole
Hustler 102" SS Whip and Hustler Ball Mount

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department



User avatar
Squirrel 14
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Posts: 25
Joined: Wednesday, 21 September 2016, 17:40 PM
Location: Tampa, Florida

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by Squirrel 14 » Thursday, 22 September 2016, 11:48 AM

MDYoungblood wrote:Hello Squirrel 14,
Welcome to the forum. First let me say I would like to see pics of your find but as a new member you can't, but it will come in time and post count, with a post like this it won't be long. Second, you could post an intro in the "Welcome to the Forum" topic, , so others can say "Hi", thanks.
Now this thing you found and you say a second one sounds quite elaborate, undoubtedly it's is to plug someone's ears. Back in the 23 channel days we would just tape an AM transistor radio to an old walkie talkie and plant it close to the persons house, batteries would die in a day or too. This jammer was built by someone with some skills. What channel were the radios set to? What kind of antenna do they have?
Finding these on private property would make it stealing, public property not so much as a person would have to admit ownership.

3's

Greg
Hi Greg, thanks for replying.
Both radios were set to Channel 32.
The antennas were the most crude part of the setup. These radios have an RCA style antenna port, so there was an RCA plug somewhat soldered to a stripped coaxial cable. This cable ran a few feet, then on the other stripped end was attached 2 - 8ft pieces of thin gauge speaker wire running up and down (one piece connected to negative, and the other to positive. Whoever set this must have had climbing gear and skills because the antenna was strung vertically in the tree, with the top nearly 30 ft up.

I have posted multiple photos to an Imgur album, including shots in the tree, showing the setup and also closeups of the equip in the box.
I would PM you the link, but I'm not allowed to do that.
I'm obviously not a PornBot or SpamBot, I posted to the Welcome page.
Is there any easier way to be able to share this?

User avatar
MDYoungblood
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7316
Joined: Saturday, 12 June 2010, 19:05 PM
Logged in via: iPad
Radio: Uniden Washington
Antenna: Avanti Sigma II
Name: Greg
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by MDYoungblood » Thursday, 22 September 2016, 13:58 PM

Squirrel 14 wrote:I'm obviously not a PornBot or SpamBot, I posted to the Welcome page.
Is there any easier way to be able to share this?
No, this is a safety factor programed into the forum format, like I said it will not be long.
I would be curious to see who's on channel 32 (could be a couple channels either way too) in your area to have someone want to do this, they would have to be close, say a mile or so for it to interfere. I would stroll the area and look for antennas, probably a beam.

3's

Greg
ImageImageImage


"321, the Middle of Maryland"

23 AM "WORLD Image WIDE" 38 LSB

Strong Supporter of America's Original Homeland Security Act
The Second Amendment


Base
Uniden Washington
Mobile
Texas Ranger TR-696FD1C
Handheld
Maxon HCB-40WX
Antennas
Avanti Sigma II
Homemade Full Wave Loop
Homemade 1/2 wave Dipole
Hustler 102" SS Whip and Hustler Ball Mount

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department



User avatar
Radar-DLDN
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 826
Joined: Thursday, 23 June 2011, 7:08 AM
Name: JD

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by Radar-DLDN » Thursday, 22 September 2016, 14:20 PM

First, welcome to CBRT!

It really isn't spam that we are trying to avoid with the probationary measures, most of that is caught automatically and easy to stop. As you have learned yourself, there are people in our hobby that want to cause trouble. Whether it is in retribution or just to troll they find joy in causing some misery.

Now imagine the type of person who would go to the trouble of creating the devices you describe and picture how they might behave online. You can see why the measures we have in place were put there.

Sent with Tapatalk on HTC Ten
Radar - Toledo, Ohio - Mod Duck




User avatar
Squirrel 14
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Posts: 25
Joined: Wednesday, 21 September 2016, 17:40 PM
Location: Tampa, Florida

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by Squirrel 14 » Thursday, 22 September 2016, 16:06 PM

Radar-DLDN wrote:First, welcome to CBRT!

It really isn't spam that we are trying to avoid with the probationary measures, most of that is caught automatically and easy to stop. As you have learned yourself, there are people in our hobby that want to cause trouble. Whether it is in retribution or just to troll they find joy in causing some misery.

Now imagine the type of person who would go to the trouble of creating the devices you describe and picture how they might behave online. You can see why the measures we have in place were put there.

Sent with Tapatalk on HTC Ten
Well said. Will replying to other posts count towards my posts credit to gain priveleges?

User avatar
443 Arizona
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Posts: 663
Joined: Thursday, 29 April 2010, 13:22 PM
Radio: madison on 5/8 wave
Location: phoenix, arizona

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by 443 Arizona » Thursday, 22 September 2016, 17:47 PM

welcome squirrel14 and may i ask where you are? alot of guys post their locations in the avatar. its sort of nice to know where the members are.
especially you! hahahah , dont get nervous. it is intriguing about the jammer stuff thou.
heck there are many ways to figure it out, just takes time.
any of your friends having cb's? just start hangin on 32 and see who or whats going on.
maybe there are some secret reasons for it, maybe not.
maybe a locating beacon for a mexican pot farm? geez there could be 1000 reasons. this could be the start of a long thread 4sure.
just start talking about it and soon enough you might find out.
i doubt its anything to worry about, make light of it and laugh at the gizmo, word spreads.
maybe a cat and mouse game by some 4wheeler club,,, maybe ET is phoning home,,,maybe personal pirate radio,,,
but i also agree with previous post, somebody near is using CB's .
a word of caution, if you find a third jammer, it may be boobietrapped.

User avatar
MDYoungblood
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7316
Joined: Saturday, 12 June 2010, 19:05 PM
Logged in via: iPad
Radio: Uniden Washington
Antenna: Avanti Sigma II
Name: Greg
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by MDYoungblood » Friday, 23 September 2016, 15:35 PM

443 Arizona wrote:a word of caution, if you find a third jammer, it may be boobietrapped.
I'm going to agree with this, smart enough to make he/she will be smart enough to trap it, maybe not something explosive but you do have plenty of poisonous things in your area of the world. I would leave the third one if you run across it for the authorities.
Yes answering any post will go toward the post count but because your a new member they need to be a legitimate post, no one word or smileys etc.

3's

Greg
ImageImageImage


"321, the Middle of Maryland"

23 AM "WORLD Image WIDE" 38 LSB

Strong Supporter of America's Original Homeland Security Act
The Second Amendment


Base
Uniden Washington
Mobile
Texas Ranger TR-696FD1C
Handheld
Maxon HCB-40WX
Antennas
Avanti Sigma II
Homemade Full Wave Loop
Homemade 1/2 wave Dipole
Hustler 102" SS Whip and Hustler Ball Mount

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department



User avatar
Squirrel 14
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Posts: 25
Joined: Wednesday, 21 September 2016, 17:40 PM
Location: Tampa, Florida

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by Squirrel 14 » Friday, 23 September 2016, 19:31 PM

MDYoungblood wrote: I'm going to agree with this, smart enough to make he/she will be smart enough to trap it, maybe not something explosive but you do have plenty of poisonous things in your area of the world. I would leave the third one if you run across it for the authorities.
Yes answering any post will go toward the post count but because your a new member they need to be a legitimate post, no one word or smileys etc.

3's

Greg
Well i have thought about that and will most likely still open a third one (if i find it). I work in an office park and stroll through the woods on my break. There is no security and no else is hitting these woods, so it's a great hiding place for these devices.

To get them down i found a stand of crepe myrtle and cut the longest one down, then dragged it to the site and used it for leverage to pop the zip ties holding everything on.

I will drive around and look for antennas, thanks!

-- Friday, 23 September 2016, 21:39 PM --
443 Arizona wrote:welcome squirrel14 and may i ask where you are? alot of guys post their locations in the avatar. its sort of nice to know where the members are.
especially you! hahahah , dont get nervous. it is intriguing about the jammer stuff thou.
heck there are many ways to figure it out, just takes time.
any of your friends having cb's? just start hangin on 32 and see who or whats going on.
maybe there are some secret reasons for it, maybe not.
maybe a locating beacon for a mexican pot farm? geez there could be 1000 reasons. this could be the start of a long thread 4sure.
just start talking about it and soon enough you might find out.
i doubt its anything to worry about, make light of it and laugh at the gizmo, word spreads.
maybe a cat and mouse game by some 4wheeler club,,, maybe ET is phoning home,,,maybe personal pirate radio,,,
but i also agree with previous post, somebody near is using CB's .
a word of caution, if you find a third jammer, it may be boobietrapped.
Howdy, I'm in the Tampa, Florida area.
I want to start listening and maybe even conversing with these people, but i don't have an antenna. I was going to post a separate thread in the antenna section for advice. One is a GE 3-5900 and the other is also GE but slightly older, not sure of the model number at the moment.

User avatar
Scipio Kid
Donor
Donor
Posts: 208
Joined: Monday, 18 July 2016, 7:31 AM
Radio: Washington / Connex
Antenna: Dipole HM
Name: Scipio
Location: Out West in Herriman

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by Scipio Kid » Saturday, 24 September 2016, 6:45 AM

Hey Squirrel,
Welcome to the forum. Although I'm about as new as you, not a veteran with privileges or anything. Since they don't allow you to post smiley faces or one word responses to fill the quota, they ought to give me extra points because I'm always so long winded or keyboarded, as the case may be. I should get credit for 5 or 6 every time I post based on word count. Although, content is probably a factor too and once everyone gets to know me, well, they'll probably kick me out anyway.

But, to the point ... this really sounds intriguing, and who doesn't love a mystery? I'd love to head down to Florida and help solve it. If you could pay my way, room and board and a few 3 day passes to Disneyworld, well, I'll be there in a flash, and we'll solve this thing together.

My take is someone is just up to no good, causing a little mayhem and using his radio & electronics know-how to mess with someone. But then, I re-read your post, particularly the part about "Mexican Polka" and, having listened to way to much Mexican Skip, I'm now convinced we're likely dealing with a clinically insane terrorist with visions of world domination and the enslavement of mankind. (Edited by Bombero)

User avatar
443 Arizona
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Posts: 663
Joined: Thursday, 29 April 2010, 13:22 PM
Radio: madison on 5/8 wave
Location: phoenix, arizona

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by 443 Arizona » Saturday, 24 September 2016, 11:59 AM

mexican mafia isnt known to do this except for drug fields.
there may also be a game camera near so they could find out who is messing with their jammers. :cyclops:
you know you could do the same to see who is in them woods, maybe even see who's putting them up.
if it gets serious,,, ? better be very cautious. got a bloodhound? they can track and find stuff your missing. :cyclopsani:
so get on the CB and start blabbin about how you found them jammers and such.
probably scare them away or make new friends,,,, who knows.
definate possibility that ch 32 has some mexican hunting vigilantes trying to scare off some mex/mix illegals or illegal activity. :rambo:
or ,,,polish mafia, the music sounds similar.
maybe the "Big Joe Polka show" is scouting a new location :DJ: ....
ok i got 995 more possibilties to go. :basketball:

User avatar
Scipio Kid
Donor
Donor
Posts: 208
Joined: Monday, 18 July 2016, 7:31 AM
Radio: Washington / Connex
Antenna: Dipole HM
Name: Scipio
Location: Out West in Herriman

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by Scipio Kid » Saturday, 24 September 2016, 12:06 PM

O.K. not political jabs here guys. Even though I took shots at both Hillary and Donald.

Hey, I'm from Utah and have a ton of Mitt Romney jokes ...

-- Saturday, 24 September 2016, 12:09 PM --

And Arizona, you and I think alike! (No offense intended.)
Happy Trails



User avatar
Squirrel 14
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Posts: 25
Joined: Wednesday, 21 September 2016, 17:40 PM
Location: Tampa, Florida

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by Squirrel 14 » Sunday, 25 September 2016, 18:36 PM

443 Arizona wrote:mexican mafia isnt known to do this except for drug fields.
there may also be a game camera near so they could find out who is messing with their jammers. :cyclops:
you know you could do the same to see who is in them woods, maybe even see who's putting them up.
if it gets serious,,, ? better be very cautious. got a bloodhound? they can track and find stuff your missing. :cyclopsani:
so get on the CB and start blabbin about how you found them jammers and such.
probably scare them away or make new friends,,,, who knows.
definate possibility that ch 32 has some mexican hunting vigilantes trying to scare off some mex/mix illegals or illegal activity. :rambo:
or ,,,polish mafia, the music sounds similar.
maybe the "Big Joe Polka show" is scouting a new location :DJ: ....
ok i got 995 more possibilties to go. :basketball:
Lol, well maybe i shouldn't reach out to them. I'm looking to get one of those magnetic antennas for the roof of my car, cause I'm not wanting to mount a long whip. Then i can at least listen.
No dogs, but i like your trail cam idea, i will lookout for some.

User avatar
443 Arizona
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Posts: 663
Joined: Thursday, 29 April 2010, 13:22 PM
Radio: madison on 5/8 wave
Location: phoenix, arizona

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by 443 Arizona » Monday, 26 September 2016, 11:51 AM

so lets get some more specifics, we're all ears> :elephant:
is it on ch.32(got a freq. counter?)
what length is the ant and lead? what side of the tree was it on? both of them?
what plane of direction were they in relation to each other? use a 360* number in relation to magnetic N.
what do you think the actual wattage was?

-- Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:02 pm --

waiting on ya Squirrel, what happened? did you get off'd? hope not. :batman:
i would get on 32 and talk to whoever is there. tell them you've been affected by a bogus carrier, maybe they will tell you a story, maybe not.
they will be just as excited to find out what you know. :bounce:

User avatar
Squirrel 14
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Posts: 25
Joined: Wednesday, 21 September 2016, 17:40 PM
Location: Tampa, Florida

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by Squirrel 14 » Thursday, 29 September 2016, 1:56 AM

443 Arizona wrote:so lets get some more specifics, we're all ears> :elephant:
is it on ch.32(got a freq. counter?)
what length is the ant and lead? what side of the tree was it on? both of them?
what plane of direction were they in relation to each other? use a 360* number in relation to magnetic N.
what do you think the actual wattage was?

-- Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:02 pm --

waiting on ya Squirrel, what happened? did you get off'd? hope not. :batman:
i would get on 32 and talk to whoever is there. tell them you've been affected by a bogus carrier, maybe they will tell you a story, maybe not.
they will be just as excited to find out what you know. :bounce:
Hey there Arizona, been a busy week for me. They were both set to channel 32. The wire antennas were strung vertically, just one per unit. So a wire lead would be spliced, and one connected length of wire would go up in the canopy, and the other would hang below, but still not at ground level. I didn't think about it before, but the antennas were strung on the east side of the trees, and the solar panels were facing south.

I just bought and installed a radio shack 2100164 cb radio in my vehicle, with a 3 foot mag mount antenna. I know it's a lower end unit, but I'm only at novice level. I'm gonna listen to channel 32 and maybe reach out to them.

User avatar
443 Arizona
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Posts: 663
Joined: Thursday, 29 April 2010, 13:22 PM
Radio: madison on 5/8 wave
Location: phoenix, arizona

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by 443 Arizona » Thursday, 29 September 2016, 9:47 AM

hey i like RS stuff, i have the most basic radio in my pickup, fit right into the ashtray slide, tuff little radio and i got it putting out almost 8 watts.
so have you got a friend in CB's that you know, can yak with on 32?
start breaking for a comback on 32, ask for radio checks constantly, that'll get whoever is monitoring it to answer you if not purely an effort to get you to shut up. sorta works that way with someone who is annoyed.
maybe that is the local home channel?
your gonna have fun. :bounce:

User avatar
Squirrel 14
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Posts: 25
Joined: Wednesday, 21 September 2016, 17:40 PM
Location: Tampa, Florida

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by Squirrel 14 » Thursday, 29 September 2016, 11:27 AM

443 Arizona wrote:hey i like RS stuff, i have the most basic radio in my pickup, fit right into the ashtray slide, tuff little radio and i got it putting out almost 8 watts.
so have you got a friend in CB's that you know, can yak with on 32?
start breaking for a comback on 32, ask for radio checks constantly, that'll get whoever is monitoring it to answer you if not purely an effort to get you to shut up. sorta works that way with someone who is annoyed.
maybe that is the local home channel?
your gonna have fun. :bounce:
Well i don't have any friends with cb's.
I pick up traffic local to my home and work and travel the interstate everyday.
I'm not up on the lingo, only what I've learned from smokey and the bandit,lol. Any tips on how to break and comeback are appreciated.

User avatar
443 Arizona
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Posts: 663
Joined: Thursday, 29 April 2010, 13:22 PM
Radio: madison on 5/8 wave
Location: phoenix, arizona

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by 443 Arizona » Friday, 30 September 2016, 23:07 PM

you'll be fine talking to them good ol boys out dare in dem woods,,,just talk normal. i dont know what your local channel is so get friendly with any person you see with a CB.

User avatar
Squirrel 14
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Posts: 25
Joined: Wednesday, 21 September 2016, 17:40 PM
Location: Tampa, Florida

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by Squirrel 14 » Saturday, 01 October 2016, 16:44 PM

Okay everyone, here's the link with the pictures. https://m.imgur.com/gallery/KHJAT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maryland, can you put the link in the top post as an edit?
“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

— Voltaire



User avatar
Bluerunner
Donor
Donor
Posts: 186
Joined: Friday, 05 July 2013, 18:39 PM
Radio: Cobra 142
Antenna: Starduster
Name: Mike
Location: SE Louisiana, North of New Orleans

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by Bluerunner » Saturday, 01 October 2016, 17:33 PM

Sounds like that is a low power rig. Maybe it is someones idea of a CB beacon station. I often wished there was such a thing in my area when tuning antennas for gain & rejection or working on receivers.
No such thing as a legitimate CB beacon station and if there were any the low power of CB would demand a lot of them scattered around the country to be useful like the ham operators get to use.

I have set a small 1/4 watt walky talky with an audio oscillator up about 1/2 mile from home at a shack on some property we own and still do when I get bitten by the antenna building bug. Low power, short antenna (almost a dummy load) puts about an S3 on me at home. I use it briefly to avoid complaints and it is tedious to run back & forth to turn it off and on. I studied on remote controlling it for a while, even wanted to get return info when it is transmitted to. No internet at the shack and I'm way too lazy to build what I really need to do it otherwise. There are very, very few CB operators in my area to bother anyway.

There is probably a DIY beacon device on the market that could be adapted to a CB that does it all, but I have never seen one.

Just a thought about the possible purpose other than malicious intent.

User avatar
jon6667
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Posts: 230
Joined: Wednesday, 11 May 2016, 7:17 AM
Name: jon
Cell Phone: 5183353857

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by jon6667 » Monday, 03 October 2016, 11:53 AM

be careful you might get shot. if they see you out there.. messing with their **Censored**.

User avatar
Radar-DLDN
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 826
Joined: Thursday, 23 June 2011, 7:08 AM
Name: JD

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by Radar-DLDN » Monday, 03 October 2016, 15:28 PM

Those CBs are old emergency style, designed in the 70's and 80's to keep in your car. The idea was for people who didn't want a CB but if the car broke down you could throw the mag mount on and plug it in to the cigarette lighter and hopefully get to a REACT station for help. Since it was people who didn't want to regularly use a CB there are plenty of them to be found on auction sites still in the original cases. They aren't worth much outside of collector radios either since they were about as good a quality as hand held radios but without the benefit of a battery so they are not expensive. The price and case make for a good choice in this situation.

I agree with everyone above, I would avoid that area for a while and not mess with anything else you see.
Bluerunner wrote:Just a thought about the possible purpose other than malicious intent.
You don't record threats and name calling on a beacon experiment. These were put up there to harass. Hopefully they just assume the targets of the harassment found them and leave it at that.
Radar - Toledo, Ohio - Mod Duck



User avatar
Bluerunner
Donor
Donor
Posts: 186
Joined: Friday, 05 July 2013, 18:39 PM
Radio: Cobra 142
Antenna: Starduster
Name: Mike
Location: SE Louisiana, North of New Orleans

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by Bluerunner » Monday, 03 October 2016, 19:08 PM

I forgot about the threats & name calling. That is a pretty good clue they are up to no good.

User avatar
443 Arizona
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Posts: 663
Joined: Thursday, 29 April 2010, 13:22 PM
Radio: madison on 5/8 wave
Location: phoenix, arizona

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by 443 Arizona » Monday, 03 October 2016, 23:43 PM

so squirrel, have you been trying for "radio checks" on 32?
got a truckstop within a few miles? some times you'll find a portable radio shop parked there for a day or 3. tell them what "your buddy found" and see what they say. find somebody local on ch 19. and ask them to pick another ch. to go to,,, (coincidently)see if they go to 32 .
have you been back to that area and listened on 32. or other ch for same kinda thing?
are you sure that is not private property?
go out there and start blabbing that you want to give the radios back, or just put one back.
are there any homing pigeons in the area?
any other signs of activity?

User avatar
sonoma
Donor
Donor
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sunday, 02 April 2006, 14:10 PM
Location: Oklahoma

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by sonoma » Tuesday, 04 October 2016, 3:31 AM

were the radios in TX mode or RX mode. just curious if they were talking on the or listening for a SIGNAL

User avatar
Squirrel 14
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Posts: 25
Joined: Wednesday, 21 September 2016, 17:40 PM
Location: Tampa, Florida

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by Squirrel 14 » Tuesday, 04 October 2016, 8:40 AM

sonoma wrote:were the radios in TX mode or RX mode. just curious if they were talking on the or listening for a SIGNAL
The PTT was held down with zip ties, so they were always only talking when they had power.
“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

— Voltaire



User avatar
Squirrel 14
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Posts: 25
Joined: Wednesday, 21 September 2016, 17:40 PM
Location: Tampa, Florida

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by Squirrel 14 » Tuesday, 04 October 2016, 8:45 AM

443 Arizona wrote:so squirrel, have you been trying for "radio checks" on 32?
got a truckstop within a few miles? some times you'll find a portable radio shop parked there for a day or 3. tell them what "your buddy found" and see what they say. find somebody local on ch 19. and ask them to pick another ch. to go to,,, (coincidently)see if they go to 32 .
have you been back to that area and listened on 32. or other ch for same kinda thing?
are you sure that is not private property?
go out there and start blabbing that you want to give the radios back, or just put one back.
are there any homing pigeons in the area?
any other signs of activity?
I've been calling out on 32, i got pops and cracks back sometimes, like someone is trying to tune in to me. I'll sometimes hear someone clearly having a long distance conversation, but I'm only hearing the person near me. Haven't interrupted him yet. No truck stops near here.
“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

— Voltaire



User avatar
Squirrel 14
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Posts: 25
Joined: Wednesday, 21 September 2016, 17:40 PM
Location: Tampa, Florida

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by Squirrel 14 » Tuesday, 04 October 2016, 8:49 AM

Radar-DLDN wrote:Those CBs are old emergency style, designed in the 70's and 80's to keep in your car. The idea was for people who didn't want a CB but if the car broke down you could throw the mag mount on and plug it in to the cigarette lighter and hopefully get to a REACT station for help. Since it was people who didn't want to regularly use a CB there are plenty of them to be found on auction sites still in the original cases. They aren't worth much outside of collector radios either since they were about as good a quality as hand held radios but without the benefit of a battery so they are not expensive. The price and case make for a good choice in this situation.

I agree with everyone above, I would avoid that area for a while and not mess with anything else you see.
Bluerunner wrote:Just a thought about the possible purpose other than malicious intent.
You don't record threats and name calling on a beacon experiment. These were put up there to harass. Hopefully they just assume the targets of the harassment found them and leave it at that.
I haven't gone back in the woods there yet, y'all scared me from doing so. I plan on keeping the radios for emergency use ,as they would be more practical with a built in power supply.
“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

— Voltaire



User avatar
443 Arizona
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Posts: 663
Joined: Thursday, 29 April 2010, 13:22 PM
Radio: madison on 5/8 wave
Location: phoenix, arizona

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by 443 Arizona » Tuesday, 04 October 2016, 10:02 AM

i cannot tell by the pix but is there a road very near? you might have stumbled upon a drop-off/pick-up point for some Illegals. is there evidence of such activities along the road?(prior to you removing the units).
have you ever hunted,followed a game trail? i ask because, if not, get an expert like a border patrol agent to take over.
i think if i were you, i would let a borderpatrol or sheriff know what you've found. it may tie into help them.
funny, you say it was timed to run at 10? am or pm or both?

User avatar
543FtWorth
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Posts: 1617
Joined: Sunday, 18 July 2010, 17:54 PM
Radio: (non-sponsor) 29 LTD
Antenna: *Censored*

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by 543FtWorth » Tuesday, 04 October 2016, 10:17 AM

Curiosity killed the cat.

User avatar
Squirrel 14
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Posts: 25
Joined: Wednesday, 21 September 2016, 17:40 PM
Location: Tampa, Florida

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by Squirrel 14 » Tuesday, 04 October 2016, 10:32 AM

443 Arizona wrote:i cannot tell by the pix but is there a road very near? you might have stumbled upon a drop-off/pick-up point for some Illegals. is there evidence of such activities along the road?(prior to you removing the units).
have you ever hunted,followed a game trail? i ask because, if not, get an expert like a border patrol agent to take over.
i think if i were you, i would let a borderpatrol or sheriff know what you've found. it may tie into help them.
funny, you say it was timed to run at 10? am or pm or both?
Lol, you have some wild theories. This all takes place in a urban business park, only illegals here are the ones landscaping. I do know how to track and follow trails, and i can tell they don't come by often. The timers were set to 2pm, 5pm and 7pm.
“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

— Voltaire



User avatar
443 Arizona
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Posts: 663
Joined: Thursday, 29 April 2010, 13:22 PM
Radio: madison on 5/8 wave
Location: phoenix, arizona

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by 443 Arizona » Tuesday, 04 October 2016, 11:11 AM

ahh, the ol' 257 is at it again. :r&r:

User avatar
jon6667
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Posts: 230
Joined: Wednesday, 11 May 2016, 7:17 AM
Name: jon
Cell Phone: 5183353857

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by jon6667 » Tuesday, 04 October 2016, 11:48 AM

im just guessing. but i would say there is some kind of illegal activity going on there. be careful lots of crazy people out there.

User avatar
Scipio Kid
Donor
Donor
Posts: 208
Joined: Monday, 18 July 2016, 7:31 AM
Radio: Washington / Connex
Antenna: Dipole HM
Name: Scipio
Location: Out West in Herriman

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by Scipio Kid » Tuesday, 04 October 2016, 12:31 PM

Uhhhh... yes, the ol' 257.

I'm sure a lot of you were electronics buffs when you were kids. My best buddy and I set up stuff like this all the time clear back when we were 10 or 11 years old. Well, not CB's, they were still considered HI-Tech and you needed an FCC license etc. But we ran wires through the forest and set up our own telephone system and set up booby traps with Radio Shack sirens and stuff just to see what would happen. My point is, what did the voices sound like, 13 year old kids or 35 year old drug dealers? Like Radar said, this isn't really a high-tech set up. Those radios are everywhere on Craigslist (or similar) for 10-20 bucks each. The solar panels and other stuff are available at RS, Harbor Freight, & Wal Mart cheap.
Illegals-runners or drug dealers I'd think would have a bit more money and likely a higher tech setup. And younger kids would think it'd be funny to transmit threats or profanities if they thought no one could trace it back to them. Give 'em credit for ingenuity and figuring out how to make it work.

If it is just kids, they're probably afraid you're the cops or FCC confiscating their gear and they're scared to death. As several have suggested, you ought to keep monitoring Chanel 32 especially at 2,5 and 7. You know they had to be listening there at one point. Break for someone who knows a little about radios or electronics to help you with an antenna question or to give advice on equipment. Their egos might get them to talk back to you.

I don't think anyone's trying to triangulate your position. At least not by the bumps and bleeps you hear on your end. The only way they can find you is to get you to transmit so if they're baiting you, they'd be trying to engage in a longer conversation. Knowing that most CB's are mobile, it'd take some ongoing back & forth to get a fix on your position. And given the quality of the transmitters you found, it seems unlikely they'd have any kind of reliable tracking equipment.

But it is a mystery and everyone here loves a good mystery, it would seem, based on the feedback you're getting.

So far as your setup goes, nothing wrong with a Radio Shack Radio. My oldest working radios are 'Realistic'. Not that that means anything about whomever is now making them and Uniden and Cobra and Galaxy etc in China. Probably all made in one place with different names on them. Still, most of us are partial to one brand or the other. And those mag mount mobile antennas are great. I have three (again old 'RS') and they work great. Not just good but great. I put one in the middle of the roof on my Buick and ran to check out a Cobra 29 I found on Craigslist. I also took a cig-lighter plug-in power supply so I could test the thing out. Took less than a minute to set up and had a 1.2:1 SWR match (also took a good SWR meter but the internal one on the 29 would have been good enough for testing). I called for a radio check and got several replies right off the bat. Talked easily with a guy I know 15 miles away. They work and they don't put holes in your roof or fenders. I hear the 'Little Will' is far better than the 'RS' but heck, I can talk to anyone with the setup I have. Although I've sort of settled on Cobras and Unidens, I've had lots of Radio Shack stuff over the years and never had a complaint. Back in 1990, I bought a new custom van and was headed for Disneyland with the kids. With not a lot of room or time to mount a radio, especially a big Cobra, I ran to RS and got the smallest thing they had. I put a 4' whip on the mirror and the little radio mounted on the console without any trouble and the digital channel selector buttons on the mike were really handy. While the thing didn't have many features, it really got out and was a lot more useful and dependable than my 1,200.00 dollar cell phone on the trip. While I bought that little radio just for the Disneyland trip, it stayed in that van until I got rid of it 8 years later and then went into my son's Baja Bug where it remained until we sold it 5 years ago. It still worked great after 20 years!

Anyway, I, like so many here, would love to hear the outcome of your clandestine exploits with the tree radios. Keep us informed!

-- Tuesday, 04 October 2016, 13:00 PM --

Oh, and 543FtWorth,
Curiosity did not kill the cat. My buddy with his '52 Chevy pickup and no glasses killed mine.

Also, give a shout from time to time for "Lil Hombre" on 19 & 22 AM. He's my oldest and best friend. We bought our first CB radios together a long, long time ago. He took a week long trip to Dallas and liked it so much he decided to stay a while longer. That was 35 years ago! If you do get through to him, tell him "Howdy from Scipio". He'll really be confused.
Happy Trails



User avatar
543FtWorth
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Posts: 1617
Joined: Sunday, 18 July 2010, 17:54 PM
Radio: (non-sponsor) 29 LTD
Antenna: *Censored*

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by 543FtWorth » Tuesday, 04 October 2016, 16:55 PM

Scipio Kid wrote: Oh, and 543FtWorth,
Curiosity did not kill the cat. My buddy with his '52 Chevy pickup and no glasses killed mine.

Also, give a shout from time to time for "Lil Hombre" on 19 & 22 AM. He's my oldest and best friend. We bought our first CB radios together a long, long time ago. He took a week long trip to Dallas and liked it so much he decided to stay a while longer. That was 35 years ago! If you do get through to him, tell him "Howdy from Scipio". He'll really be confused.
I'll keep that handle in the back of my mind. I don't get on 11 meters too much these days. A few years ago we had a lot of good operators and it was a blast on Friday and Saturday night. I hope it picks back up. It's not a bad place to live but I'm ready to retire 100 years from now and move back to the sticks.

User avatar
Scipio Kid
Donor
Donor
Posts: 208
Joined: Monday, 18 July 2016, 7:31 AM
Radio: Washington / Connex
Antenna: Dipole HM
Name: Scipio
Location: Out West in Herriman

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by Scipio Kid » Tuesday, 04 October 2016, 20:37 PM

Like so many, I can't retire. Too many bills to pay.

It's like the Disney song "I owe, I owe, so off to work I go"!
Happy Trails



User avatar
Squirrel 14
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Posts: 25
Joined: Wednesday, 21 September 2016, 17:40 PM
Location: Tampa, Florida

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by Squirrel 14 » Wednesday, 05 October 2016, 15:03 PM

I ventured into the woods today, not far though, just spent my time looking in the tree canopy for more equipment.
After that, i got on channel 32 and listened to a 3 person conversation about someone they're beefing with. They repeated his address many times over the air and how they're going to "get" him. I googled the address and can see antennas clearly in the yard. The house is about an hour away.
“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

— Voltaire



User avatar
Squirrel 14
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Posts: 25
Joined: Wednesday, 21 September 2016, 17:40 PM
Location: Tampa, Florida

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by Squirrel 14 » Wednesday, 05 October 2016, 15:26 PM

Scipio Kid wrote:Uhhhh... yes, the ol' 257.

I'm sure a lot of you were electronics buffs when you were kids. My best buddy and I set up stuff like this all the time clear back when we were 10 or 11 years old. Well, not CB's, they were still considered HI-Tech and you needed an FCC license etc. But we ran wires through the forest and set up our own telephone system and set up booby traps with Radio Shack sirens and stuff just to see what would happen. My point is, what did the voices sound like, 13 year old kids or 35 year old drug dealers?
They definitely aren't kids, i place them in their 40's and 50's, regular southern dudes. They seem to like picking fights with other cb people though, lol.

Thanks for the RS radio support!
“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

— Voltaire



User avatar
MDYoungblood
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7316
Joined: Saturday, 12 June 2010, 19:05 PM
Logged in via: iPad
Radio: Uniden Washington
Antenna: Avanti Sigma II
Name: Greg
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by MDYoungblood » Wednesday, 05 October 2016, 19:16 PM

Those radios you found wouldn't have any effect on a station an hour's drive away from where you found them, maybe a station within a mile might be bothered by them. Bickering and fighting on the CB is an everyday occurrence here, "Radio Rambo's" can be found everywhere.

3's

Greg
ImageImageImage


"321, the Middle of Maryland"

23 AM "WORLD Image WIDE" 38 LSB

Strong Supporter of America's Original Homeland Security Act
The Second Amendment


Base
Uniden Washington
Mobile
Texas Ranger TR-696FD1C
Handheld
Maxon HCB-40WX
Antennas
Avanti Sigma II
Homemade Full Wave Loop
Homemade 1/2 wave Dipole
Hustler 102" SS Whip and Hustler Ball Mount

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department



User avatar
drdx
Donor
Donor
Posts: 5966
Joined: Wednesday, 25 April 2007, 11:32 AM

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by drdx » Thursday, 06 October 2016, 16:03 PM

I would take what I wanted out of the box, then dump my cat's litter box in each and put them back where you found them. Then, put one of those game cameras up so you can record these nuts and post it. Or, use common sense and do nothing.

That's boring though. So.....open up a Hotmail account then an ad on craigslist advertising cb radio stuff with pics of the boxes you found and the gear, and the panels, and tell them in the ad that you will be tailgating and having a sale on it at Walmart, out by the sign. (just playing the odds here, they HAVE to know where that is), and see who shows up. Look for anything with an antenna on it. Now that's a good time. If they've gone through that much effort you may as well make them burn some gas and gather some intel on them. Then if you're really bored you can proceed, find out where they are, and replant it or just make a spark gap transmitter and trash all of their RF stuff. Single channel bombs are so 90's. Everyone knows that you have to hit the whole rf spectrum if you're wanting to have some fun. :)


-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all *Censored*, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx



User avatar
Scipio Kid
Donor
Donor
Posts: 208
Joined: Monday, 18 July 2016, 7:31 AM
Radio: Washington / Connex
Antenna: Dipole HM
Name: Scipio
Location: Out West in Herriman

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by Scipio Kid » Thursday, 06 October 2016, 16:46 PM

Somebody needs a(nother) hobby. But I'm with you drdx, nothin' wrong with a litt'e good ol' fashioned fun.

Sounds like these guys are in there 50's but stuck mentally at 13. Who in their right mind plots to get someone because they don't like his radio attitude or comments. Sheeesh idiots, turn your radio off for a while & get a life.
Happy Trails



User avatar
MDYoungblood
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7316
Joined: Saturday, 12 June 2010, 19:05 PM
Logged in via: iPad
Radio: Uniden Washington
Antenna: Avanti Sigma II
Name: Greg
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by MDYoungblood » Thursday, 06 October 2016, 17:41 PM

drdx wrote:a spark gap transmitter and trash all of their RF stuff.

-drdx
Aww man that's so mean,,,, an cool,,, lol. Anyone needs plans of this?

3's

Greg
ImageImageImage


"321, the Middle of Maryland"

23 AM "WORLD Image WIDE" 38 LSB

Strong Supporter of America's Original Homeland Security Act
The Second Amendment


Base
Uniden Washington
Mobile
Texas Ranger TR-696FD1C
Handheld
Maxon HCB-40WX
Antennas
Avanti Sigma II
Homemade Full Wave Loop
Homemade 1/2 wave Dipole
Hustler 102" SS Whip and Hustler Ball Mount

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department



User avatar
Squirrel 14
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Posts: 25
Joined: Wednesday, 21 September 2016, 17:40 PM
Location: Tampa, Florida

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by Squirrel 14 » Thursday, 06 October 2016, 17:57 PM

MDYoungblood wrote:
drdx wrote:a spark gap transmitter and trash all of their RF stuff.

-drdx
Aww man that's so mean,,,, an cool,,, lol. Anyone needs plans of this?

3's

Greg
I don't fully understand, are we talking about a radio detonator essentially? Please share the plans, might need this one day.
“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

— Voltaire



User avatar
19dt2120
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Posts: 105
Joined: Sunday, 09 September 2007, 14:51 PM
Radio: FT897,IC-756proIII
Antenna: 11m Inv V & G5RV
Name: Mark
Location: Nunspeet Netherlands

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by 19dt2120 » Thursday, 06 October 2016, 23:14 PM

No not a radio detonator,just a horrible broadband jammer!
But be aware FCC won't like that stuff!

User avatar
drdx
Donor
Donor
Posts: 5966
Joined: Wednesday, 25 April 2007, 11:32 AM

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by drdx » Friday, 07 October 2016, 5:32 AM

Yeah, that stuff is fun to plot but I'd never proceed with such plans. Other than the obvious legal stuff, how bad would you feel if your project ended up jamming something that made someone's emergency life or death call turn into just a death/disconnected call? I myself am addicted to not being in jail, fined and attempting to avoid the hell factor.

Now if you can, something more frequency specific or short range that just blocked receive you may be ok but it all has its risks.

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all *Censored*, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx



User avatar
MDYoungblood
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7316
Joined: Saturday, 12 June 2010, 19:05 PM
Logged in via: iPad
Radio: Uniden Washington
Antenna: Avanti Sigma II
Name: Greg
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by MDYoungblood » Friday, 07 October 2016, 16:22 PM

Squirrel 14 wrote:
MDYoungblood wrote:
drdx wrote:a spark gap transmitter and trash all of their RF stuff.

-drdx
Aww man that's so mean,,,, an cool,,, lol. Anyone needs plans of this?

3's

Greg
I don't fully understand, are we talking about a radio detonator essentially? Please share the plans, might need this one day.


LOL, no it's not any kind of detonator. You probably have seen a contraption (always in mad scientist movies) that has a spark jumping across two electrodes, the distance between the two is the gap and naturally the spark is well, the spark. This can be tuned but it will interfere with a wide spectrum, some good plans can be found on the web, do a search. I built one years ago for the Halloweener's, big bulky, bunch of car batteries, car ignition coils, if you got too close the spark would jump toward you (luckily never zapped a kid).
Personally I would go with drdx's suggestion of dirty cat litter, when the owner of the box comes to see why it's not working and opens it up :shock: :shock: .
ImageImageImage


"321, the Middle of Maryland"

23 AM "WORLD Image WIDE" 38 LSB

Strong Supporter of America's Original Homeland Security Act
The Second Amendment


Base
Uniden Washington
Mobile
Texas Ranger TR-696FD1C
Handheld
Maxon HCB-40WX
Antennas
Avanti Sigma II
Homemade Full Wave Loop
Homemade 1/2 wave Dipole
Hustler 102" SS Whip and Hustler Ball Mount

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department



User avatar
443 Arizona
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Posts: 663
Joined: Thursday, 29 April 2010, 13:22 PM
Radio: madison on 5/8 wave
Location: phoenix, arizona

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by 443 Arizona » Monday, 10 October 2016, 23:04 PM

how boucha Squirrel14, you got that floppy ear on the wave? me and da boys in da hood are lookin for ya...be takin it to 32, cmon.

-- Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:57 am --

pair of 7's on the Squirrel, I wonder what happened to him?

User avatar
Scipio Kid
Donor
Donor
Posts: 208
Joined: Monday, 18 July 2016, 7:31 AM
Radio: Washington / Connex
Antenna: Dipole HM
Name: Scipio
Location: Out West in Herriman

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by Scipio Kid » Wednesday, 02 November 2016, 19:41 PM

I'm afraid we've lost him. Apparently those radios were set up so Donald and Hillary could make outrageous allegations anonymously against each other. I think our Squirrel friend got in between them (a place no man ever wants to be). I think they took him out (probably for Pizza, but I wouldn't want to speculate). When this is all over (the election) I'm hoping they'll release him (without asking who he voted for) and he can resume his presence here and on channel 32.

Other wise, he may end up a political prisoner for another 4 years.
Happy Trails



User avatar
443 Arizona
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Posts: 663
Joined: Thursday, 29 April 2010, 13:22 PM
Radio: madison on 5/8 wave
Location: phoenix, arizona

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by 443 Arizona » Thursday, 03 November 2016, 23:13 PM

i'll bet he was off puddle-jumpin around in them woods instead of working and the boss fired him. :nemo:

User avatar
MightyMo
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Posts: 101
Joined: Thursday, 06 November 2014, 22:28 PM
Radio: Cobra 29 and 25
Name: Morgan

Re: I found 2 solar powered and automated CB boxes in some w

Post by MightyMo » Friday, 04 November 2016, 0:35 AM

Wow! This is quite the bedtime story! I couldn't sleep tonight so I hopped on good ol' CBRT and came across this. Read the whole post top to bottom. I feel like a kid reading one of those mystery books from grade school. Just as you get to the good part where the bad guy shows himself again, your dad comes in and tells you to turn out the light and go to bed. What a cliff hanger. Hopefully Squirrel is alright and will get back on to finish the story.


Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest