led tx meterlight

Just any other questions that you don't see a forum for? Go ahead and post here.
d-minus
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Radio: cobra 29ltd

led tx meterlight

Post by d-minus »

I have replaced several of the led meter lights in cobra29's ltd and 29nw that I have. Works great but on the radios that have the dimmer knob like the 29nw it will dim the light. But on 29ltd's the switch used for dimming will dim channel selector and tx light but not the led meter light. What's up with that. Don't remember if led's are ultra bright or not. would it matter. And how can I fix it. Also watched a youtube video can not remember what the guy was changing out but was on a cobra29ltd. At the end of the video he said he liked to put a 3300uf or 4700uf (can't exactly remember which one now) electrolytic cap on the incoming power wires on the radio's he worked on. What would this accomplish. Thanks for any replies D-minus.
443 Arizona
Mod Duck
Mod Duck
Handle: Double R
Radio: madison on 5/8 wave

Re: led tx meterlight

Post by 443 Arizona »

ya just have to ask yourself , what does a cap do. :dwarf: i can only think of 2 things as it is applied.
sonoma
Donor
Donor
Handle: sonoma
Radio: President Washington

Re: led tx meterlight

Post by sonoma »

some guy's will put a cap across the power wires hoping to filter out some noise and it can give a little extra kik when you key the mic. the radio comes factory with a big cap across the power wires and the guys just give it a little more help.

[ Post made via Linux Laptop ] Image