Best amp for Galaxy 98vhp

Just any other questions that you don't see a forum for? Go ahead and post here.
rosman6119
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Antenna: PREDATOR 10k SHORT W
Radio: custom built 98vhp

Best amp for Galaxy 98vhp

Post by rosman6119 »

I was looking to buy an amp for a galaxy 98vhp not looking to spend a fortune what are some of my options.
Thank you everyone in advance for help.

-- Friday, 20 March 2015, 21:26 PM --

And forgot to mention I like the xforce brand.
1206FL
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Re: Best amp for Galaxy 98vhp

Post by 1206FL »

You will need an 8 transistor amp to use with that radio. Not going to be cheap. And better have a good antenna and charging system or power supply. If you can turn the power back to under 100 watts a 4 transistor amp could work but would not make a difference on the receiving end. That radio does about 150-200 watts I believe. An 8 pill xforce mobile amp bare bones is 700+ dollars new. Not sure what you mean by a fortune, but an 8 transistor amp is what will be needed for that radio IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drdx
Donor
Donor
Handle: dollar-98
Antenna: Many
Radio: Many-

Post by drdx »

From the amount of power that radio transmits you would need to spend atleast a grand for the amp plus electrical upgrades to see as much as a 2 s-unit increase on the non antenna part.

Tell us about the antenna.

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all maul, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx
jessejamesdallas
Donor
Donor
Handle: Jesse James Dallas
Radio: working

Post by jessejamesdallas »

drdx wrote:From the amount of power that radio transmits you would need to spend at least a grand for the amp plus electrical upgrades to see as much as a 2 s-unit increase on the non antenna part.

Tell us about the antenna.

-drdx
Yep. This is why I quit buying big radios...Your really limited to what you can run with one unless you have some deep pockets, and willing to do some electrical up-grades to the vehicle...

Something like a 8-pill "Is Not" just a plug-n-play Amp...Your going to need to up-grade your alternator, or add some battery's, or both...
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

They all gave good advice. The simple rule is a dollar a watt and multiply it by 2 to get the vehicle to where it can use it.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department